Search results

1. J

Fuel pressure??

5-7 PSI for the PD cars according to this article from IDparts.com. https://idpartsblog.com/2016/01/25/tdi-fuel-injection-systems-rotary-pd-and-common-rail/
  2. J

Boost Leak Riddle...

Could it be that you have an exhaust leak somewhere ahead of the catalytic converter (cracked inner flex pipe) and that the converter is partially plugged? I assume that this is a BEW engine, yes? Try placing some thick or doubled-up washers in between the turbo outlet and the down pipe to...
  3. J

Struggle to crank over, but only sometimes

If you crank with glow plugs out ( I think) that you will see a mist of fuel eventually. I can’t confirm this on an EA288 engine from experience. Maybe if it does not sense compression it may not dispense fuel. Just a guess…Don’t know, never tried it. Anyway, be cautious with what ever may be...
  4. J

oil cap gasket

Also an inner CV joint flipper (swapper) when doing the boot replacement.
  5. J

oil cap gasket

That's funny...I instinctively flip them as well. (y)
  6. J

Engine shaking cold start

Not much to go on without knowing which engine code that you have. How many miles are on the car? Auto or manual transmission? Could be a failing flywheel. When cold, the masses are somewhat seized together and can not dampen the the engine pulses. Could also be high mileage on the injectors...
  7. J

Shudder while accelerating - not axles, worse when hot

I have not tried this on a 09A trans but... A manual trans A4 car came in and it had the 01M auto trans drive flanges and axles on it using the tripode inner joints. Someone along the way did this for some reason. Don't know if it was during a auto-to-manual swap or just used what they had on...
  8. J

2011 Jetta TDI low rail pressure

Is this a newly developed problem? Or has it been an issue all along?
  9. J

Broken Bleeder Screw

If you live in a salt belt like environment and fail to put the rubber cap back on the bleeder screw this is almost always the outcome. The hole in the bleeder faces upward and will catch the elements which will ruin your day down the road. Don't waste your time trying to save an ~$80-100...
  10. J

Camshaft sensor change

It had better have oil on it…at least the part that sticks into the crankcase.
  11. J

Help with Codes

It may take a dedicated clearing of the code with a scan tool to remove the code from the ECU memory. Some codes are like that. For example, (though I've never tried it), I am not sure that you can clear a glow plug fault code just by fixing what is wrong, i.e., by disconnecting the battery and...
  12. J

Struggle to crank over, but only sometimes

I'd say water in the cylinder would make it much harder to flip over. What you might try is upon a cold start, remove the glow plugs and crank. See if you get a mist or of whatever shooting out. In a similar incident on a MK4 ALH, a customer with a hard start issue came in thinking the...
  13. J

DSG - For those who have dealt with N215 - short to plus code

I don't like to rush through the work ;)
  14. J

Someone just pm’ed me to see how it turned out.
  15. J

A new mechatronic unit corrected the problem.
  16. J

Is my N75 hooked up wrong?

The common rail cars have their turbo actuator inverted compared to ALH orientation. Coincidence? You decide!
  17. J

Is my N75 hooked up wrong?

The common rail cars have the N75 body inverted from the ALH orientation.
  18. J

02j parts

Remember seeing them some twenty years ago when rebuilding my MK2 tranny.
  19. J

Camshaft sensor change

No calibration process for the cam sensor necessary. You will need to clear the fault code once installed but it will not cause problems if you don't (other than possibly a persistent CEL). Found more than a couple of flaky crankshaft sensors on BEWs. To mention a couple, one prevented a start...