Search results

1. P

Valve Cover replacement MK6

I recently did this on my 09 jetta. It was a similar process and I took my time. I order all parts prior too and also the injector puller. I reviewed some youtube videos before hand. I took my time and it too me about a total of 4 hours.. I did take a few brakes. Overall not to bad of a job.
  2. P

Car Play

Update: I order a new radio from www.rcd330.com. Shipping time wasn't bad, less than 10 days. The unit came in and I was very excited to install it, but then came an issue. The plug in the head unit was different then what was on the new unit. I emailed the seller and he responded in less than...
  3. P

Glove box housing removal

This was a PITA. Never did get it out, but did get it enough to get the radio Quadlock connector relocated.
  4. P

Still fighting this glove box. T I'm unable to get the left side free. Am I missing something? https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?media/resized_20240320_151700-jpeg.158195/
  5. Resized_20240320_151700.jpeg

Resized_20240320_151700.jpeg

6. P

Lets talk impact guns

I have full line of Craftsman impact drivers. Have not have any issues with them. They carry a 3 year warranty and Lowes carry them.
  7. P

Broken rear trans mount

Dog bone mounts are easy to replaced. The bolts are TTY, make sure you replace those too.
  8. P

Thanks oilhammer! I removed all those screws. Do I just yank hard on it?
  9. P

2015 Golf MK 7 I'm having trouble removing the housing assy for the glove box. I removed the 3 torx screws on the top, 2 torx screws on the bottom and the one behind the radio unit. I can release the glove box and it swings all the way down, but I can't seem to get housing assy out. Am I not...
  10. P

Engine oil and DSG oil

I use the Pentosin line of fluids....
  11. P

2009 TDI Oil Leak Injector Cover Plates

Replaced valve cover yesterday, overall went very well. Originally forgot to bleed the fuel lines, but after bleeding the air out didn't have an issue. I took my time and it just took about 4 hrs to complete it.
  12. P

09 Jetta starts up then immediately stops

Fixed! If you look at the scan you can see that the car was not recognizing many of the controller such as ABS, central electronics, steering assist, airbags, central convenience and can gateway. This led me to the can bus system... Checking for V+ at the instrument cluster control module...
  13. P

09 Jetta starts up then immediately stops

09 Jetta . Car ran fine and I parked in the the garage. Placed a battery maintainer on it. There was a oil leak around the valve cover so I order parts. Parts came in last week and today started replacing the valve cover. I got everything back together but would not fire up, just turned over. I...
  14. P

Car Play

Like I said in earlier post that I bought a unit from www.RCD330.com for my 09 jetta. The dealer was quick to respond to email and answer any questions I had. I have had no issues with my previous purchase. Very pleased with the service. I've been emailing the dealer and he assures me that...
  15. P

Car Play

I purchased a RCD330 for my 09 Jetta 2 years ago and it has worked flawless. Check out this website https://www.rcd330.com/product/noname_5gd_035_280b/
  16. P

I just placed order for parts to replace the valve cover in my 09 jetta tdi. I decided to go with Febi Bilstein. Parts ordered from FCP Euro. I'll report back after replacing the parts. I order slide hammer from ECS tuning, they had the best price.
  17. P

Alignment after Complete Suspension Refresh- Dealer or Firestone?

Finally got everything installed 2 weeks ago. Went by the Bently manual. Due to work schedule wasn't able to get to alignment shop till last week. The alignment for the front went great. I did a complete front in refresh and was surprised how close I got the alignment.
  18. P

I'm in the processing in ordering parts. I'm looking at FCP Euro and they have a valve cover by Febi Bilstein for $150.99 and one from Vaico for $293.99. IDparts has the same Vaico cover for only $211.95 Has anyone have any preference over Febi or Vaico? Does anyone knows who makes the valve...
  19. P

To the OP. I have 09 jetta TDI with the issues you describe. Did you have any issues in replacing the valve cover? Did you go with an after market or OEM?
  20. P

Alignment after Complete Suspension Refresh- Dealer or Firestone?

Thanks so much! I just received parts from FCP Euro ... will be installing tomorrow.