Search results

1. N

MK5 BRM Jetta NO START AFTER engine rebuild.

If it started before the rebuild, it's not the relay. I replaced 2 of mine thinking it was and I just wasted money. I have spares now :D. Try swapping the 458s, there are 2.
  2. N

06 Jetta TDI died on freeway, won't start back up.

Since you don't work on your own car, sell the darn thing. It's not worth the labor to fix it. You'll sleep much better at night. I would dump my BRM but I like a challenge. :D
  3. N

World Impex

Amazon taking over is what
  4. N

2006 jetta groans!

That's pretty early for wheel bearings on the brm. Mine was still good at 210k. I replaced the front thinking it was causing some other issue, but it was fine. Rears are at 287k now.
  5. N

BRM high idle and fan's running

the other sensor is to the right of the engine (driver side), it's the same sensor as the radiator one. It is probably ground that's at fault. I replaced both sensors and nothing, so I relocated my battery back to the engine bay. That fixed it.
  6. N

2006 Jetta No Heat - Heater Core Air Lock?

You could try flushing it, see if water comes out of the other end using a garden hose. I highly doubt its clogged unless something got in there. Did you drive it at all? I've never jacked the front up with any car I've worked on. On the diesels I just fill and drive. After a bit it will...
  7. N

Need Guidance - To Sell

Used turbo for couple hundred from ebay and some DIY hours will take care of the issue. 1500 obo, eventually someone will buy it. I keep telling people VW is not for those that aren't mechanically inclined.
  8. N

Driver door harness

I was going to replace mine but when I opened the door panel...I just couldn't see an easy way of getting the wires out and install new. I just did the best job I could without replacing the whole assembly.
  9. N

Running engine without oil

That's a shame. Good thing I only change the oil once a year :D
  10. N

Ahhh that explains it
  11. N

Fans randomly comes on

I could tell there was a sound difference, light scraping sound. Oh well it's a BRM, maybe now the cams will wear to the point that I need to replace it. at 280k, no need for a cam yet.
  12. N

I didn't notice any lights. I only realized after I turned the engine off.
  13. N

Fans randomly comes on

Lesson learned, never relocate the battery on a diesel powered car. I always thought the weird issues I had with the radio, starting, and high idle was due to the battery being relocated. All of the issues didn't show up right away. I even ran negative all the way to the starter and still...
  14. N

Was doing an oil change today and forgot to put oil in after draining! I must've let it run for a minute before shutting it off. I don't think much damage was done in that time. What do you guys think?
  15. N

Fans randomly comes on

Well I relocated the battery back to the engine bay from the trunk and it looks like it’s resolved. No more high idle and no starting issues. I can’t believe an 0/2 wire has issues. Too many intermittent issues. Now I have to relocated the Webasto.
  16. N

Fans randomly comes on

I'm sure mine is due to ground but I can't track it down. Probably because my battery is in the trunk. I ran ground all the way to the engine bay and same thing. I will have to put up with it. Not a huge deal.
  17. N

Fans randomly comes on

I have checked it so many times it's not funny. It's clean as a whistle.
  18. N

Fans randomly comes on

Didn't see any useful codes the last time I checked. Only 20 bucks so far on parts. I will check refrig pressures next.
  19. N

Fans randomly comes on

It was 32 this am and soon as I started the engine, the fan comes on a few secs later. Idle of course goes up when the radiator fan comes on. Drove it to work and it did it again during a stop. Has been like this for 6 months or so. Replaced both temperature sensors. The one to the right of...
  20. N

VERY Poorly running 2006 TDI, any ideas?

i would part it out or just take it to the scrapper