Search results

1. P

Black Smoke and no Power Take 2

Please help me out with this problem before I service my car with a can of gasoline and a road flare. 2006 Jetta BRM SUNDAY: Went to the store and noticed that the car was making significantly less power and was smoking. I had not accomplished any maintenance recently, and had finished a 100...
  2. P

Uninstalled EGR Valve Checkout (Off-Vehicle)

Anyone have an idea how to cycle the EGR valve without it being installed on the car? I was thinking of plugging it in to the wire harness and watching the valve to see what it does. I think I have narrowed my car's problems down to a valve that was stuck open, but I dont know if it was stuck...
  3. P

VCDS doesnt display G581 Turbo Actuator Position Sensor Parameter

So im running the VCDS 11.11.3 and I cannot find the parameter that reads the output of the turbo actuator position sensor. You can see the link that seems to best describe my problems below: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=326017 I need to check out the output of this but cant find...
  4. P

HOW TO: Change 2006 Jetta BRM Timing Belt

Take my advice for what its worth. This is by no means an all-inclusive how to so dont blame me for any shortcomings. Im an ASE certified engine mechanic but my TDI experience is limited. Ive done a lot of timing belts but no TDIs before this. Due to the lack of a good A5 how-to, I started out...