Search results

1. J

Status hearing w/ Judge is F 12/16 - check this link for transcript of meeting

quote: Originally Posted by bird67 Among we posters on the 3.0 claim, I hope you are all contacting the steering committee exhorting them to hold firm on these important points. There must be a buyback option, and it must be based on the pre-September values - because forcing us to rely on...
  2. J

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Somewhat like you when I had a young family & wanted to get a car that I might drive for a very long time, I got a 1980 MBZ 240D - the first diesel car I ever owned & boy did it work out. I drove it until I retired in 2002! Parts got tricky towards the end but it never kept me from hanging on...
  3. J

What VCDS ?

Santos: Thanks for this info. Soon as I can afford it, I will get one for my TDI. Cheers, Jed
  4. J

What VCDS ?

Which Cable? Santos (or anyone else with the answer) - I'm looking to get VAG-COM for use with my new (2013) Touareg V6 TDI, but have a question about the correct cable. If I only want to scan this car, can I use the Micro-CAN interface cable or do I need the Hex-CAN cable? I've been told I...
  5. J

Real-World comparison test: Optilube

Appreciate getting another real life test of using biodiesel blended ULSD with Optilube XPD added, & happy to hear of your experience with it. Like you, I can find nothing in the online literature that suggests any problems. But never hurts to ask anyway. The folks at Optilube, as you might...
  6. J

While awaiting the next update in the real world test of Optilube, I just got my first shipment of Optilube XPD & discovered at the same time that I can also fuel with B5 blended diesel at a nearby truck stop (almost all other diesel fuel here in CA in my area is unblended 100% ULSD). Before...
  7. J

Just took delivery of a 2013 TDI V6 (which I know won't get the mpg all you guys are getting) & am keenly following, & appreciative of, this real life study. After reading as much about additives as I could find, including the Spicer study, I have ordered & will receive tomorrow my first...