Search results

1. red16vdub

Looking for TDI mechanic around the Prescott Arizona area.

My son’s injection pump is leaking. He needs help.
  2. red16vdub

Glad it weren’t my wagon

Last weekend I left my house to and 10 minutes into my drive, this kid hydroplane in the heavy rain we had and crashed into my Q7. I was doing roughly 75mph when the car next to me lost control hitting my left rear sending myself into a concrete barrier head on, yikes. Insurance company called...
  3. red16vdub

POSTING PICS

Sense reconstruction of TDI club forum, What’s the proper/easiest way to post pictures on the site ?
  4. red16vdub

Wagon hatch window glass gasket/seal

Anyone know where I can get one ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. red16vdub

TDi’s still on the move

While driving through providence Rhode Island this morning. I saw 3 Cummings diesels trucks on Rt6 loaded with mk5/mk6 tdi’s . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. red16vdub

Thermostat issues 01 tdi

Yesterday I smell coolant while idling, after being in traffic for 1 1/2 hours I pull in driveway check radiator hoses top is hot bottom is completely cold. Is it possible that the thermostat is failing maybe not opening ? Car drives great, I drive it like I stole it, no overheating or anything...
  7. red16vdub

Tdi Egt’s

I’m starting to wonder weather my egt probe is reading accurately or not. I’ve never gotten temperatures beyond 800 degrees Fahrenheit according to my McNally combo boost/egt unit. I’m running big fmic , race nozzles, 1756 turbo. Shouldn’t my egt’s be higher especially on a 90 degree day, with...
  8. red16vdub

Tdi won't restart I'm puzzled

I drove my 03 to the store left it running, came out and it had shut off. Temperature outside was roughly 29F. All filters are got less than 5k miles, check fuel filter and surroundings components, can't find any issues so far. I tried restarting, nothing. I cranked for 10-15 seconds and got it...
  9. red16vdub

Alh block heater

I came across another tdi in boneyard today with a nice coolant frost heater. I really don't have any use for it as so left it, but now I'm thinking I should have grab it smh. Bajan
  10. red16vdub

Diesel Insurance Inquiry

Most blue book value is well below what the car is worth. What coverage are most people carrying on their older Tdi's ? Considering all the money spent for mods and upgrades and year of vehicle. What's a reasonable decision, full coverage or just liability ? Bajan
  11. red16vdub

Mk4 pd150 T.I.P Positives or Negatives ?

Are there any performance gains or advantages between the two Pd150 turbo inlet pipe ? The aluminum or plastic. One would think the metal pipe will probably increase intake air temperatures, while the plastic would provide more consistency . I believe the metal was in production first right ...
  12. red16vdub

Mk4 pd150 tip differences

Are there any performance differences between the metal and plastic pipes. Which turbo inlet pipe was in production first, and any idea why VW switch. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. red16vdub

Mk4 Alh

Jetta sedan 5spd fully loaded with tan leather Timing belt failure at the Hollis auto salvage Billerica Ma Bajan
  14. red16vdub

Leaking Water Pump

Had timing belt change roughly a year ago, Maybe put 13k miles and now water pump leaking occasionally. All parts installed and came from an approved vendor on site . I'm not sure what to make of this , any possible ideas on how to handle this. Bajan
  15. red16vdub

WTB Pd-150 turbo inlet pipe

Just like the title says I'm looking for a pd-150 TIP. Let me know what y'all got thanks. Rob! Bajan
  16. red16vdub

Weird Boost/Egt Reading

My McNally gauge is reading low on both boost/egt's, I have the latest firmware 2.05 The egt probe is installed in the block off plate and the boost sensor is located in the center of the pd150 intake manifold. The car is tune with rc4+,3bar map, vnt17, r520 nozzles, kerma 2" fmic and 3"...
  17. red16vdub

03 ecu

Are all 2003 ALh ECU's the same ??? Bajan
  18. red16vdub

McNally boost/egt ???

I'm getting weird boost reading when car is cold, I can't figure why I'm only seeing 5psi if that or so on the gauge until the car reaches normal operating temperature. Car drives perfect and I also double boost pressures with vcds and request/actual matches near 18.5-19psi . Have anyone come...
  19. red16vdub

Vds-Pro software

Hi fellas I'm trying get my hands on a good copy of vds-pro software, if anybody got I'll be more than willing to pay for it. Pm me or email at red16vdub@hotmail.com Thanks in advance! Bajan
  20. red16vdub

Nozzles and Drivability

Car is 03 ALH daily driver heavily modified running rc3 vnt17, 11mm Ip, pp520's, kerma 2" fmic, pd150 intake, 3bar map and SBC endurance 3. I'm looking to upgrade nozzles and tune with either pp764 or race 520's. My question is as far as drivability goes, which nozzles would be the best choice...