Search results

1. A

Passat b5 afn tuning

You answered your own questions! Solder on job on these older ecu !
  2. A

Jordan's C5 Allroad --> BHW TDI

They Did make quattros with 4 cyl Diesel engines but they were 16 valves and cross flow engines(pd and cr). They also had better turbos than the asthmatic gt1749va as well. Personally I had a b6 2004 1.9 tdi Quattro and that had a lot of weight savings compared with same model v6 tdi…
  3. A

Jordan's C5 Allroad --> BHW TDI

I have yet to drive a converted c5 allroad with a 1.9/2.0 tdi engine, I only had 2.5 v6 tdi and the early models were a lot better to tune compared to later ones (solid alloy front intercooler and more potent vp44 pumps). I also think the 4 cyl engine is a toad too strung for moving the best...
  4. A

Alh over boost issue

I reckon the issue is boost control in the map and that gt17/22 hybrid ! Guys, forget about hybrids in this day and age, they are known to boost creep and the mismatch between the hot and cold side is bad. Just find a native turbo from this milenium and be done with it, the gtd turbos are well...
  5. A

Pros and cons of firad 120 on 2.0 TDI 16V

There are no cons on the firad 12o%, you will inject same quantities of fuel in shorter time window. what you will struggle is adjusting the software to suit the new nozzles, calibration maps will be off with larger nozzles...loads of logging and flashing the ecu to make a good map !
  6. A

1999 Passat 1.9 TDI 115Hp

Although the o1E has come with a single mass flywheel in the c4 audi a6, i do not recomend later boxes using them with single mass flywheel as the sincros are not built for that ! In eastern europe we can rebuild dual mass flywheel with springs and composite blocks from the 3.0d bmw flywheel and...
  7. A

Which v-band weld flange to buy for bv43 turbo?

It’s a bv43a. Yep, you can do as I mentioned above and cut the flange of any longitudinal a4/a6 2.0 CR tdi with dpf and weld it to a small piece of pipe or use it all together onto your downpipe.
  8. A

1999 Passat 1.9 TDI 115Hp

The Volvo gtb2056vl or gtb1756vk will Both reach your power goal, as above: pd 130/150 injectors (AL), front mounted intercooler, remap and a good clutch will get to 230-240 bhp in some cases. You can do as above and have any 6 hole VAG ( from longitudinal engines) solid mass flywheel...
  9. A

WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

And the saga continues… before Xmas I bought a facelift tidy b5 quattto avant with many upgrades, the reason I went for it was: it had a tidy recaro fully electric interior, sunroof (not keen on it as they give troubles with age), it had alloy uprights as bigger bolt on brakes(had b5 s4 hp1...
  10. A

12mm modified alhfuel pump

Post a picture of the actual pump, I too have a modified injector pump made by Keith da Costa at United diesels…
  11. A

Audi A6 C5 1.9TDI Quattro conversion

Not financially viable, it’s better to buy the car you want in the 1st place !
  12. A

1989 MK2 Golf TDI - Dirty Diesel

I don’t remember from reading your posts, did you have to use any oil restrictor for the feed pipe or the flange is already reduced in size to required oil flow for ball bearing chra ?
  13. A

1989 MK2 Golf TDI - Dirty Diesel

This car is like a fine wine, it gets better with age ! Credit to you Sir !
  14. A

1.9 ALH 90hp with GT1752VA billet

Probably 200 bhp with some smoke. Way too big nozzles for the turbo ! Look for a 11mm pump and get a real turbo from this century:gtb1756vk, gtb2056vl, gtb2060vklr, gtd2060vz, gtd2056vz, etc…
  15. A

Audi A4 B5 2.5 TDI swap to 3.0 TDI

My thoughts entirely ! I prefer back to basics mechanical reliability instead of complicated, fussy logic that can leave you stranded every time you put some poor fuel in it ! The cr is a great engine when it works but -as the engines are getting long in the tooth- so many problems start to rear...
  16. A

EDC15P+ Fuel Limit

I’ve never been fan of these hybrids, because of too much emp you tend to damage the vnt tips and the car struggle to build boost even when fully closed. They also surge due to tiny turbine and boost creep at high revs ! I suggest you start by adjusting the stop screw as best as you can on the...
  17. A

Audi A4 B5 2.5 TDI swap to 3.0 TDI

Its been done in europe...you coulf use the 2,7 tdi ecu management and the 3,0 tdi engine with its own flywheel or a custom one...your biggest hurdle is getting dash info to comunicate reliably with the engine ecu and avoid a xmas tree on the dash, they use different protocols .
  18. A

Single Turbo option for 400hp 1.9 PD

I would really use an s200v with the 50/72 mm billet titanium compresor wheel…as I said, surge is your only enemy, that turbo will make 3 bar of boost at 3500 rpms. You can also us s200v with the 46/72 mm compressor wheel, I would swap to billet EFR wheel or the new generațion billet wheels...
  19. A

Which v-band weld flange to buy for bv43 turbo?

Which bv43 or bv43a do you have ? Either flange is rather easy to find in the breakers, on the bv43 every 1.9 tdi flange will fit. On the bv43a you can find them in b8 fitted on dpf’s, just find a hollowed one and cut and weld a V band flange to a piece of pipe and you’ve made yourself an...
  20. A

Bigger injectors for 1.9 ASZ

Nope, United Diesel In uk they were the only ones I trusted as I knew the quality Keith was churning for years…