Search results

1. S

Antenna Base Connector Cable 2003 Golf

Garage door malfunction knocked off my antenna. Found a clean replacement base from a 02 Jetta at the junk yard. The connector from the base to the cable was under a foam piece attached to the roof. Trying to install the new base in my 03 Golf and the connector cable seems to route itself to a...
  2. S

WTB MK4 Drivers side mirror Electric / Black

Hello, Looking to replace my drivers side mirror assembly. Need a complete unit in black and electric. Mine got kissed by a passing van and while it still works the housing is broken and it is barely hanging on. Gladly pay shipping and a fair price - let me know if you have any parts cars laying...
  3. S

WTB MK 4 Golf Front Bumper Cover

I am looking for an OEM Black front bumper cover for my 2003 Golf. The closer to Chicago the better but I am willing to drive a reasonable distance. If what you have is not in Black but in great shape - I will consider repainting an OEM part. Trying to avoid going aftermarket if possible. Please...
  4. S

Transmission Shipping

I need to ship a 5 speed swap from southern Indiana to the Chicago area. The tranny is crated and on a pallet and ready to go. I am more then willing to pay the going rate including a bump for fuel costs to get it to my mechanic ASAP. Please respond here or send me a PM and I can give you the...
  5. S

WTB MK4 Golf Black Fenders

Like almost everyone else in the snow ( rust ) belt both front fenders on my 2003 Golf have serious rust and need to be replaced. Ideally it would be great to find a decent pair within 150 miles of Chicago. Not looking for perfection - just a clean set I can swap out while I figure out what to...
  6. S

WTB ALH engine for 2003 Golf Auto

I recently had a catastrophic runaway that was resulted in a seized engine. Looking for a solid ALH replacement engine with history to get this car back on the road. I am in Chicago. Let me know what you have. Thanks
  7. S

Rebuilt OEM ALH Garret VNT 15 Turbo by Dutch Auto Parts

FS: Rebuilt OEM ALH Garret VNT 15 Turbo by Dutch Auto Parts FS : New Rebuilt OEM ALH Garret VNT 15 Turbo by Dutch Auto Parts. Frans rebuilds these turbos using a brand new CHRA in a refurbished manifold using better parts then the original. I bought this last week, never out of the box. My...
  8. S

Sudden Acceleration- Help in diagnosing the problem

Hey guys and guru's. My 2003 GOLF Auto with 145,000 miles has twice in 18 months suddenly accelerated to the point where braking will not stop the car and in both cases resulted in accidents. First time I was driving and recently my wife had the same occurrence in a parking lot while pulling...
  9. S

WTB Black Drivers side mirror for 03 Golf

Guys : I have searched Car-Part. com and CL. In the past few days I have made 2 trips to separate bone yards.The first guy had an aftermarket mirror despite confirming on the phone it was OEM then claimed to not know the difference. The second yard showed me another aftermarket mirror and not...
  10. S

Replacement rear bumper cover mk4 Golf 03 question

Replacement w/ GTI rear bumper cover for mk4 Golf TDI ? My rear bumper cover is pretty beat up from the original owner parking on Chicago streets for years. I have a chance to pick up a used cover in great shape from an 03 GTI in the right color. The GTI rear bumper cover has an exhaust cutout...
  11. S

Snows Tire Pressure Recommendations

Just had a set of 195 /65 R15 Michelin X- Ice X 13's installed on my 03 Golf. The installer inflated all 4 tires to 27 F and 27 R which seems low to me. I am wondering what you guys recommend for normal wear and maximum performance on dry, wet and snow covered Chicago roads.
  12. S

120,000 Mile Service

Hey guys, I need to get the 120,000 service done before the Chicago winter rolls in on my 03 Golf. Fixed and replaced the usual bits after picking it up from the original owner 08/13 and have been diligent about regular maintenance. I have driven 20,000 care free miles so far. In checking...
  13. S

Do I have a leaking Turbo or ?

I am the second owner of a 2003 Golf ALH with 109,000 miles and have had the car just over 6 months. Since the last oil change at 104,000 I have had to add almost 2 quarts of oil. During that time I have taken 3 road trips between August and December and I am dealing with the winter months in...
  14. S

Sway Bar Advice

Been reading various posts on the topic of sway bars to help eliminate body roll and improve handling. Just installed Bilstein HD's all around with 105,000 miles and OEM stock springs. While there is a vast improvement - I still feel like there is a need to balance the handling in hard...