Search results

1. Blue_Hen_TDI

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Here was a dyno of mine back in 2018 after undesirable bits removal and tune. I've put a hair over 100K additional miles on it since then (167K mi on the odo currently) with no additional mods, and it still runs great.
  2. dyno.png

dyno.png

3. dyno

dyno

4. Blue_Hen_TDI

Current price of diesel

Tip: Avoid the PA Turnpike. $$$$$
  5. Blue_Hen_TDI

I've seen a couple of others done on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NABDOG
  6. Blue_Hen_TDI

Which tune should I use?

I don't know of one. For BMW's, I know that DUDMD can be done by mail, either sending your ECU or them temp-loaning you their flash tool. My JR was done in Georgia at the same time some of my parts fell off. For TDIs, everyone seems to swear by RocketChip. He's in PA.
  7. Blue_Hen_TDI

Which tune should I use?

In 335D world, I'd go JR or DUDMD. Haven't closely followed 535D tuning. They have one less turbo, so not sure who the go-to is. Malone usually does good tuning.
  8. Blue_Hen_TDI

I had a red e46 M3 run up all over my arse on I-95 in Philly a few weeks back when I was bottled up in traffic. He got a rude awakening once the left lane camper ahead of me moved over. He wasn't close to keeping up. I finally let off at about 120 and he finally got by me after I coasted a...
  9. Blue_Hen_TDI

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard someone complain about "instant on power." LMFAO. I do believe that is the precise reason BMW put the extra turbo on the 335D.
  10. Blue_Hen_TDI

Mine became a lot better feeling once I ditched the run-flats and put a Bilstein B12 Pro Kit on it.
  11. Blue_Hen_TDI

And of course the 335D is faster.
  12. Blue_Hen_TDI

Fair enough. I couldn't figure out how to get ISTA installed. I guess if you can get over that hurdle, perhaps it becomes user friendly. :D
  13. Blue_Hen_TDI

I first bought a Foxwell scanner and later BimmerGeeks ProTool app on my Android phone with their bluetooth OBD adapter. I really like ProTool. Anything those two tools can't accomplish typically is a procedure I wouldn't attempt myself anyway. The BMW community doesn't really have anything...
  14. Blue_Hen_TDI

Yep, that was Brad Tourt. He's very active on the NABDOG FB group and also does wrenching on them in Grand Rapids, MI. Very good guy.
  15. Blue_Hen_TDI

The most active community is NABDOG: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NABDOG/ The best mechanics and tuners in the country are active there. It's not nearly as well organized as this site was in its hayday, but the expertise is there.
  16. Blue_Hen_TDI

2016 BMW X3 x28d

Welcome to the BMW diesel world. If you're on FB, this group can be kind of resourceful: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NABDOG/ There are a few wise arses, but as long as you're not asking the dreaded "which oil should I use" or "I pulled this code from a generic code reader; what's wrong...
  17. Blue_Hen_TDI

I bought a spare tire kit and put conventional tires on. Rides a helluva lot better with them.
  18. Blue_Hen_TDI

My 335D is a treat to drive. Deleted, tuned, suspension upgraded. I love getting behind the wheel every time. A true sleeper. And if I drive like a sane person, it gets 42mpg.
  19. Blue_Hen_TDI

At last - Jeep Wrangler Diesel for the Rich

Yep. Had a 2012 JKU pop left side cylinder head at under 10,000 miles. Replaced under warranty.
  20. Blue_Hen_TDI

At last - Jeep Wrangler Diesel for the Rich

I lease a JLU Sport manual for $299/month. It gets me on the beach here, and I use it in the winter when they lay down salt to keep my 335D from turning into a rustbucket. Mission accomplished. The diesel Wrangler would be fun, but dear lord the asking price. Keep in mind, once the buzz of...