Search results

1. Lefty

Injection pump seals

How hard is it to change out the top seals on the injection pump? I did the hammer mod and it worked out great but now I have the top seals leaking. Can't really tell if it is just the very top or both the top seals. Thanks for any info.
  2. Lefty

Injection pumps.

THank you both for the replies. I have a Manual Jetta that has 424k miles on it and was thinking of buying a Beetle with 152k miles on it which has a manual as well. I was thinking of swaping just the injection pump to my Jetta Which by the way still gets 44 mpg with the pump leaking. The...
  3. Lefty

Injection pumps.

I wouldn't think there is a difference but is the Manual transmission and automatic transmission cars pumps the same? Also how hard is it to switch the transmissions? Thanks in advance.
  4. Lefty

Died while driving down interstate now cannot start

Could it be the `109 Relay?
  5. Lefty

Bleeding Fuel System

Vw diesel Tdi Prime Injection Pump & Bleed Injectors - YouTube
  6. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

2 Days and no sputter. I am happy for now but this next winter I might have to do a little more adjustment. Usually does it worst in the winter.
  7. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

OK after yesterday finding out the IQ was off again, I reset it and tightened the Screws down a little better. IQ is running around 5.0. 5.2. Went out to start it up while it is still cold(61Degrees). Only one tiny sputter. I think I am pretty close now and will try for 5.6 or so later on.
  8. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Cool I might give that a try. Will also look at those connection to the Coolant sensor.
  9. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

When I started off it was below the Green line about in the middle of the green and red lines.
  10. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Earlier in this thread I was thinking it was the coolant temp sensor. I was going to change it out but checked it and I guess it was good. Still not sure about it. Saw a viideo on someone else having the same problem and they changed theirs out and all was good. Reason I thought it was is...
  11. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Sorry meant 58 and 62. That is going into Basic 000 go TDI timing. Set for which car.
  12. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Yes The graph shows between 5.8-6.2.
  13. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

I guess my software is just too old. Don't have that. Anyway I was just checking around and found my IQ was at 3.2, Yesterday I had it at 4.2. Readjusted it and got it to 5.2 and then took it for a spin. Light smoke coming out the back when getting on it,(Normal). It is now holding around...
  14. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

How do you get to advanced measuring blocks? I did just notice the MAF specified is 280 and the actual is 490-500.
  15. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Rpms jump 200-300 rpms.
  16. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

OK after all the things I have done it looks like it is still sputtering in the morning when it is colder out.
  17. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

I was going to buy some yesterday and forgot to get it. Will give it a try anyway.
  18. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Restarted it after it sat a long time. one tiny sputter.(tach moved about 100 rpms once only) Took it out and did what you said. No smoke of any kind coming out. I got it home and revved the engine in neutral and let up once it hit 5200 RPMs. No smoke there either. Looks good enough for now...
  19. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Took it for a run just to make sure no leaks and all was good. I will wait and see how it starts one more time before I lean it out any more.
  20. Lefty

Sputtering continues.

Up early this morning and went out and started the car. Sputtered only a fraction of what it did before. Cleared out within 10 seconds instead of a minute or so. Will bleed the air out of the IP and injectors again since I had fuel leaking that one time.