Search results

1. MacAndrew_Jack

n108 valve error code

Volks, (apologies for cross post to TDI conversion yahoo list) I got a 1252 code the other day, with associated terribly advanced timing making it undrivable. It is the "Start Of Cold Start Injector Open/Short To Ground", or wiring for the n108 valve. I checked the wiring between the 10pin...
  2. MacAndrew_Jack

suddenly, slow cold cranking. Strange smell?

Hey TDIers, I have an ALH that I drove 500 miles last weekend, and started in cold mountain weather over several days, no problem. I drove home after all that, and now it is slow cranking on startup, not starting. When I charged the battery with a trickle charger, it started. So it seems to...
  3. MacAndrew_Jack

ALH engine replacement needed: opportunities?

So after I put about 80k miles on my ALH engine, which I ordered on the phone from a wrecking yard in texas advertising it as "60k miles" and put in my vanagon syncro, the engine suddenly sh!t the bed. Big time. Like hole in the side of the block. Timing belt was at about 40k miles, but had a...
  4. MacAndrew_Jack

upgrades, now code 1550

So I dove in with a bunch of air system upgrades to my TDI vanagon. It was working well before the upgrades, though I wanted the boost to be sustainable over 10k ft mountain passes and see lower IATs, so I plan to keep the same boost levels, but remove the boost valve from backing off the...
  5. MacAndrew_Jack

replacing intercooler: Blackstone or stock ALH?

Hi volks, 2000 ALH in a Vanagon Syncro. I am reworking my intake, turbo and intercooler systems. VNT-17 turbo upgrade (old one working fine, just want to go higher than the 18 psi max for the VNT-15). I have been changing out the intake to a Donaldson air box, running bigger and straighter pipes...
  6. MacAndrew_Jack

MAP readings below atmospheric levels

Volks, Driving around town I am noticing MAP readings of 6psi when I come to a stop. I live at altitude where 12.3 is typical. What could be causing an relative vacume in the intake? Thanks in advance, -macjack
  7. MacAndrew_Jack

strange sound under hard acceleration?

Volks, I have a 2000 ALH with stock turbo and intercooler, Malone tuned with 3bar MAP sensor and .216 nozzles in my 87 Syncro vanagon. approx 100k on engine, 30k on timing belt. 30k since conversion in van. Everything is hunky dory except under harder acceleration, I am suddenly getting a...
  8. MacAndrew_Jack

are boostvalves supposed to leak below setpoint?

Hi all, I've got a 99 ALH with a DieselInside tune and a Boostvalve installed between the vacume solenoid and the vnt actuator. I was told by Mark, of DieselInside that from my vagcom graphs, my n75 was opening too much and to shorten my actuator arm. (I had a random shop in the middle of...
  9. MacAndrew_Jack

reducing warm-up time with 2 tank system

Hello folks, I am considering moving to a 2 tank system in my TDI ALH but most of my driving is 20 minutes or less. I have heard that it takes a while to get a 2 tank system up to temp to switch over and I would like to find ways to speed that up. As we live in Colorado, the evenings get...