Search results

1. P

First Oil Change at 1800 Miles 1.8t AllTrack?

Yeah, that's why I was asking. The manual says the recommended interval is every 10K or 12 months whichever occurs first.
  2. P

First Oil Change at 1800 Miles 1.8t AllTrack?

My beautiful young bride bought a new 2017 Golf Alltrack back in September. She's now getting the "change oil" message on the DIC. She only has 1800 miles. Does anyone with the 1.8T know if the first oil change is sooner than expected? I recall her 2015 Passat 1.8 went like 6,000 miles before...
  3. P

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

Great thread! I am in the processes on deciding the next vehicle for my beautiful young bride. She's currently driving a leased 2015 Passat Limited. It has the 1.8t with the seven speed automatic tranny. To date, there have been zero issues with the car or the tranny. Of course, she's only got...
  4. P

Opinions on '17 Golf Alltrack?

Aha, didn't need to search the word, "golf". tyvm
  5. P

Opinions on '17 Golf Alltrack?

Hey all. Haven't been here in awhile since my Jetta was "donated" to a younger person to "rice" as it were. I have a question about the Golf and figured I'd ask here. My beautiful young bride is nearing the lease finish on her 2015 Passat. She likes the Passat but also wants something more...
  6. P

Question about Non-TDI NMS

Aha, I eventually found that. That is more information than I'd been able to find on the interwebs. Thank you. My wife loves it. Yes, the torque feels almost as good as in my ALH Jetta. Thank you all! Odd that I found more information here on TDIclub than on other non-TDI forums. I very much...
  7. P

Heater core, thanks. Thanks, I hadn't found anything in searches. The NTSHA website didn't show any recalls. https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
  8. P

I am posting this here because I don't see much activity in the "other vehicles" areas. Let me know if it needs to be moved. I figured the opinions would be same for the tranny and other items with a NMS and a TDI NMS. I also posted this on vwvortex but am not getting much information. My...
  9. P

Clutch going bad or something else?

Well, thank you all. I ended up selling the car to a local guy who wanted it for his son. They limped it home and began working on it. I had no time to do that. With the car needing work, it being only able to hold two people, and my drive favoring a hybrid more, I decided to go with something...
  10. P

No time for me to take a look. I limped over to my local shop. He tore apart the tranny and saw tons of metal, pressure plate glazed, and a very burned out friction plate. IOW, $1500 for new 5-speed sachs, $3400 for new clutch and 02J. Ugh!! I know this is like the last thing that can go...
  11. P

Thank you all! Let me run through these today.
  12. P

So I have my 2000 GLE TDI with 240,000 miles on the original five speed transmission and clutch. It has been fine until day before yesterday. At that time I noticed it was hard to shift into third. Today, while driving home from a five mile trip, I found it hard to downshift into third...
  13. P

2003 Golf got wrecked- wondering what insurance might payout

Ouch, hope your neck is okay. I found that - while dealing with insurance - they actually have a value book they use. You could have a $10,000 stereo, ejection seats and a gold-plated intake plenum - but they'd go by that book. I'd go after all the pain and suffering expenses and not worry too...
  14. P

TDI NOx emissions compared to average car

I've been stating this for years. My 16-year-old vehicle produces less overall pollution than a 2016 model vehicle with a massive chemical battery.
  15. P

How come Mercedes, BMW, GM can do it but VW can't?

Grr, still waiting on a 1/2 ton Avalanche diesel.
  16. P

Thinking of buying this TDI to replace my JSW

As for that car, love the ad. Except for it being a wagon, it looks decent. I see TDIs around here for half that price, though. Nice wheels and tires. Sent from mTalk
  17. P

1998 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 194K Beautiful

That's a nice looking car!
  18. P

I live fairly near the South Coast Air Quality Management District office. I sometimes feel I should buy a mid-90s IDI Ford with the 7.3, add a smokestack, and power it around the office campus. Of course, I can't go very fast around there because it is next to one of the worst freeway...
  19. P

What other said - but also because the whiners at CARB and EPA think they know better than we do. Of course, i'm sure one forest fire spews out way more toxic stuff than all cars combined.