Search results

1. D

2001 NB Runs for 1 second then stops..

Thanks for the response. Not sure (I don't remember seeing it) I'll check it again tomorrow and double back. Thanks! Doogie
  2. D

2001 NB Runs for 1 second then stops..

Been a while since I've posted.. My '01 NB TDi now has 252,000 miles on it. Extremely trouble free miles. (Except the Guage cluster (Tach/Speedo/Fuel) quit working about 5 years ago, and after a few half-hearted attempts at fixing it, gave up) Stopped at the local FedEx to drop off a package...
  3. D

Feb 20th GTG @Dubwerx

You guys are awesome! I have all the parts I need for the struts/shock swap and am ready to go. I will be more than happy to drop some coin in the hat for lunch, extra drinks, whatever. See you first thing! Doogie
  4. D

Within 3 hours of Cincinnati, Oh? Interested in having a winter meet up/tune up?

Are we starting at 8:00 then? I will be there with a NB loaded with new struts and asocks and bolts, and all the tools I can get in the trunk!. I will be more than happy to make a beverage run for everyone once we get there and figure out what we need. After I get my stuff done, I'll lend a...
  5. D

Within 3 hours of Cincinnati, Oh? Interested in having a winter meet up/tune up?

Quick Shout out to Corey at idparts.com Want to acknowledge Corey at idparts.com! Needed to get some suspension parts ASAP and he delivered! Should have everything I need b/4 the GTG on Saturday! Thanks Corey! idparts.com ROCKS! Doogie
  6. D

Paramedick, I just ordered the bolt kit, new spring seats, and the plastic tubes for the struts, from idparts.com, with 2 day FedEx. Got a return email saying the spring seats were backordered. I emailed them back asking them to delete them and ship everything else anyway (told them about the...
  7. D

Just received my shipment from idparts.com. What a be-a-u-tiful box. New Struts, shocks, mounts, and even some sway bar mounts. Gonna be a fun (and seriously overdue) day! Thanks everyone! Can't wait!
  8. D

Paramedick, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I promise not to bug you too much! I would love to be able to do a set of struts, I've just never done any before. Shocks I can handle...been doing those since I was a kid! (I'm 42 now!) I just ordered a kit from idparts.com, listed here...
  9. D

Can someone put on Struts for me? Hi Guys..I can definintely make it. Can someone put on a set of struts for me ('01 New Beetle) Mine are completley shot (134K on them). I can do the rear shocks, but struts are beyond me. I think I can get a complete kit from DieselGeek? TIA, Doogie
  10. D

Need Help! My TDI won't get up over 1000 rpm,

I\'ll do just that. BeetleGO, I think you hit the nail on the head. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see if they have the part. The number I got off the pedal box was 1J1-721-503-H, which the site listed above has for $116. They say it retails for $134, so the conveinence of getting it...
  11. D

hmm.., just started it up and it worked fine..but. drivbywire, I just went out to see if I could read the part number, and wrote down what I think it might be..I check the parts site, just out of curiosity, I checked to see if it would start up ok, and it DID! lots of diesel-smelling...
  12. D

Thanks Yuri.. Thanks Yuri, yep, I'm the first one to admit that although I can rebabbit an 80 year Ford, the whole Diesel thing is quite different! I called my brother simply because he works on diesels, which is a lot closer to my TDI than a Model T! :-) I found the TDI club website (that's...
  13. D

Thanks...can I d/c the batter to clear the code ? Thanks, Can I clear the code by disconnecting the battery? It doesn't have enough power to get out of the street, and the black smoke is horrendous when I try to get any RPM's out of it.....
  14. D

Need Help! My TDI won\'t get up over 1000 rpm, Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I just bought a 2001 New Beetle, diesel, because of the cost of gasoline. This had 38,000 miles on it when I got it, and I've driven 10,000 fun loving miles on it since...however, today, it burped on me. For a few...