Search results

1. G

Where to buy Stanadyne in Toronto

Hi guys, I have been having a tough time finding the one shot bottle of standyne diesel additive in and around toronto. I used to buy them at the dealer on Avenue road but they now have become an audi dealer and don't stock. The two vw dealers I have gone to (Don Valley and the one downtown)...
  2. G

2006 Jetta Burning Smell

Hi Guys, When driving back in the snow storm on Thursday, inching my way across the Gardiner and Don Valley Parkway, most of the time on first gear. After almost four hours I smelled a burning smell coming from the vents and actually saw a bit of smoke. I checked the engine temperature it was...
  3. G

Getting my first oil change on Jetta TDI 2006

Hi, I am headed to GeorgeTown VW for my first oil change on Tuesday. I heard/read before there is some confusion (even by dealers) on what oil to put in on a Jetta 2006. Can someone please tell me what oil should be used for my car? I don't need any screw ups.
  4. G

Unfortunately Had To Bail Out :(

I drove from Toronto to Washington with my family, spent 4 days in Washigton. The plan was to head out to the Fest this morning. Woke up, saw areas south of Washigton flooded out, thought we might get caught in the storm, headed back to Toronto. I jsut arrived and I am totally bummed out. I...
  5. G

First Oil Change

Hi, I have 6900Km on my 2006 Jetta TDI and I am going to the TDI Fest and will probably be putting from 2000-2500 Km on my way there and back. When I went to book my oil change today, the dealer said it is not good to do the first oil change early because a special oil is put in at the...
  6. G

Someone stole my rearview mirror

Last night I must have forgotten to lock up my car (2006 Jetta) :mad:, someone went thru it and stole my rearview mirror, took the mirror but the plastic part glued to the window is still there. Can I get that part just at the delaer? Anywhere else?
  7. G

Putting stanadyne lubricity in tank...

I just got my 2006 TDI and I am new to all this diesel stuff. Do I fill up the tank with diesel and then add the standyne, or add the stanadyme first and then fill up the tank with diesel? TIA
  8. G

Well It Finally Happened - I GOT MY TDI!!!!!

I ordered my TDI back in January and but had decided back in october I really wanted one. S BUT I had to wait for my lease on my Acura 1.7EL to end in April. I felt like I was serving timeon my Acura. Worst car I ever owned. That's another story. Well today my dream has come true. It is a...
  9. G

Anyone here going to TDIFest 2006?

I am. Anyonelse? Just wondering....
  10. G

Where to fill up with Diesel near manchester,VT

Hello, I am driving from Toronto, Canada to Manchester Vermont. Does anyone know where I can find a place to fill up near manchester, VT? TIA
  11. G

What station in the GTA are you buying diesel?

Hi, I read before it is good to buy diesels from stations where there is lots of traffic. Where are you guys fiiling up around the GTA area? Please state the station (Sunoco, Shell, etc) and grade of diesel (such as Sunoco Gold etc)
  12. G

Anyone using Ziebart Diamond Gloss?

I am picking up my new Jetta TDi, when it comes in, and I am thinking of getting Ziebart to apply their Diamond gloss product. http://www.ziebarttoronto.com/exterior.htm Anyone has this on their cars? Is it worth the $399? Your opinions please.
  13. G

Just spotted a 2006 GTI in Toronto

I was driving by the VW stealership at Davenport and AVenue Road and I saw a White GTI. Looks good, but I still prefer the look of a Jetta.
  14. G

TDI fest newbie question

Hi, I am thinking of coming to the TDI Fest 2006. I am 44 years old and I am thinking of bringing my wife and kids as part of our vacation. Am I too old for this? You think it will be fun for the wife and kids? (They will probably spend much of the time at the mall anyways :D) Basically, I...
  15. G

Fueling the 2006 Jetta TDI...

Hi, I have being reading how the diesel pumps for trucks do not fit our car. Can one go to a truck diesel pump fill a fuel flask and the fill the car from the flask? Is this possible? I guess the problem may be the fuel comes at such a quick rate that it would never make to the inside of fuel...
  16. G

Great Site w/ videos for TDI

Hi, I found this great site (specially for newbies like me :o) on videos how to change your oil, filter, etc on the TDI: http://www.cincitdi.com/richc/ It is not an A5 but I think much still applies. Maybe you will get something out of it. I did. Cheers
  17. G

Where To Buy Rocketchip in Toronto/GTA?

I know we can buy Upsolute in the Toronto/GTA area. But anyone knows where I can purchase rocketchip? I went to the web site and I could not find an address. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  18. G

Show me your Jetta TDI Spice Red

I just ordered one, would like to see pictures of yours.:)
  19. G

Just ordered Jetta TDI Spice Red/Anthracite

Hello, I have just ordered 2006 Jetta TDI Spice Red/Anthracite leather Luxury package. I can't wait to get it. The countdown begins... Anyone else have one, could post some pics while I wait? :)
  20. G

Jetta TDI leatherette

I am about to purchase a 2006 Jetta TDI, and I am little confused. When I go to the VW web site I see that the leatherette is available in Anthracite or beige. Anthracite looks black on the site but when I was at the dealer I could have sworn that the seats where grey. So is Anthracite grey...