Search results

1. G

Where to buy Stanadyne in Toronto

Hi guys, I have been having a tough time finding the one shot bottle of standyne diesel additive in and around toronto. I used to buy them at the dealer on Avenue road but they now have become an audi dealer and don't stock. The two vw dealers I have gone to (Don Valley and the one downtown)...
  2. G

For Sale: 2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel CRD Limited

How bad was the mileage?
  3. G

2006 Jetta Burning Smell

I overheated the clutch and the burning smell will be there for a little longer. They changed the air filter, so at least now I dont smell it inside anymore. Apparently they had a more than a few cars after the snow storm come in with the same problem. They told me the clutch was fine. No...
  4. G

2006 Jetta Burning Smell

I can barely smell it in the engine compartment. There was visible smoke from the vents on Thursday but I dont see it anymore. BUT I can stillsmell something. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow
  5. G

2006 Jetta Burning Smell

So is the clutch still ok? Should I take it in and have it checked out?:(
  6. G

2006 Jetta Burning Smell

Hi Guys, When driving back in the snow storm on Thursday, inching my way across the Gardiner and Don Valley Parkway, most of the time on first gear. After almost four hours I smelled a burning smell coming from the vents and actually saw a bit of smoke. I checked the engine temperature it was...
  7. G

Getting my first oil change on Jetta TDI 2006

Hi, I am headed to GeorgeTown VW for my first oil change on Tuesday. I heard/read before there is some confusion (even by dealers) on what oil to put in on a Jetta 2006. Can someone please tell me what oil should be used for my car? I don't need any screw ups.
  8. G

Unfortunately Had To Bail Out :(

I drove from Toronto to Washington with my family, spent 4 days in Washigton. The plan was to head out to the Fest this morning. Woke up, saw areas south of Washigton flooded out, thought we might get caught in the storm, headed back to Toronto. I jsut arrived and I am totally bummed out. I...
  9. G

First Oil Change

Hi, I have 6900Km on my 2006 Jetta TDI and I am going to the TDI Fest and will probably be putting from 2000-2500 Km on my way there and back. When I went to book my oil change today, the dealer said it is not good to do the first oil change early because a special oil is put in at the...
  10. G

Someone stole my rearview mirror

I was puzzled as well. I have seen the doors lock automatically as well, but then at other times not. I got the mirror today from the stealership $126 + tax Tomorrow a trip to Apple Auto Glass
  11. G

Someone stole my rearview mirror

Last night I must have forgotten to lock up my car (2006 Jetta) :mad:, someone went thru it and stole my rearview mirror, took the mirror but the plastic part glued to the window is still there. Can I get that part just at the delaer? Anywhere else?
  12. G

Putting stanadyne lubricity in tank...

I just got my 2006 TDI and I am new to all this diesel stuff. Do I fill up the tank with diesel and then add the standyne, or add the stanadyme first and then fill up the tank with diesel? TIA
  13. G

Well It Finally Happened - I GOT MY TDI!!!!!

LOL. My wife was not too happy with thte colour when I ordered it. But now she loves it. It is weird in most p[hotographs it comes out burgundy, but it really is more like tabasco. I am so :D
  14. G

Well It Finally Happened - I GOT MY TDI!!!!!

I ordered my TDI back in January and but had decided back in october I really wanted one. S BUT I had to wait for my lease on my Acura 1.7EL to end in April. I felt like I was serving timeon my Acura. Worst car I ever owned. That's another story. Well today my dream has come true. It is a...
  15. G

Anyone here going to TDIFest 2006?

I am. Anyonelse? Just wondering....
  16. G

Where to fill up with Diesel near manchester,VT

I guess I have nothing to worry about. Here in Ontario, Sunoco has the best diesel (so I have read). Any particular stations you guys in the Eastern U.S prefer?
  17. G

Thanks for the info. I am picking up my car in a week or so, I am doing a lot of travelling in the U.S., and I know some states as VT, do not allow the sale of TDI, making me think it would be hard to find a filling station. BTW, I am coming from Toronto, east on the I90
  18. G

Hello, I am driving from Toronto, Canada to Manchester Vermont. Does anyone know where I can find a place to fill up near manchester, VT? TIA
  19. G

Attention all Canadians!

I am !!! I am :)
  20. G

What station in the GTA are you buying diesel?

I go by a Sunoco on Laird a few blocks South of Eglinton. I fuel my other car (gasser) all the time there, and in the years I have been going, I only saw one car at the pump an old mb. Is that a good station to fill up?