Search results

1. Vinyl_Addict

Replacing crank seal.

I did a timing belt a few months ago and didn't have the crank locking plate to change the seal. It was weeping a little oil then, its leaking more now. Is there anything other than the seal i would i need to replace? (stretch bolts) The belt looks okay no oil residue and everything seems dry...
  2. Vinyl_Addict

Smell of DEATH

is there a certain heater core brand thats better/ recommended? meyle? just got a little steam, coolant smell only on the heat setting, and a tiny drip on the firewall carpet.
  3. Vinyl_Addict

frequently asked torque specs

I just did an ALH timing belt and upgraded the 3 injection pump sprocket bolts to the new gold bolts (NON stretch bolt for ALH motor injection pump. Replaces VW part number N 903 285 04) The old bolts were stretch bolts and i believe 15 ftlbs and 1/4 turn, what is the torque for the new gold...
  4. Vinyl_Addict

Anyone willing to lend a hand /oversee a timing belt change Allentown PA?

Ive helped on 1 or 2 A3 belts, looking to get more hands on and do one mostly myself. I just got an 00 A4 and im looking for someone with tb tools and knowledge who would give me a hand/pointers.
  5. Vinyl_Addict

40's in a Bag, Euro GTG & Pig roast NY

might be there, i wont have a TDI but i'll have my house on wheels with a CDI.
  6. Vinyl_Addict

2005 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 Speed $10,500 Pittsburgh PA

brakes are good, pads are still thick. all the bushings are good, no thuds, clangs, or loud bangs. i mean all those parts do wear so technically they would need to be replaced "eventually" but nothing is in need of replacing. The only thing that i know that will need replacing are the tires...
  7. Vinyl_Addict

yeah i could pick someone up from the airport. I live in pittsburgh right now. dont think i will have the car out near allentown any time soon.
  8. Vinyl_Addict

2005 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 Speed $10,500 Located in Braddock PA (pittsburgh) PA Inspection thru Jan 2012 Reflex silver paint. Great condition. FULL Service Records from purchase including window sticker. 157K miles 2nd Owner Brand new cam / lifters / hardware (done by well known TDIclub guru) Brand...
  9. Vinyl_Addict

Wanted 96-98 Jetta w/any engine

Looking for a 96-98 jetta with any motor. Plan to do a tdi swap. Must be in good condition with little rust and solid rockers. Must be running. Been looking around the usual online sites and all i can find are cars that "have no rust" until you ask about the underside. I'm currently located in...
  10. Vinyl_Addict

05 BEW slight shimmy at idle

still doing the shimmy. seems to do it more when the car is up to operating temp. Checked and its still dead on 0. Anything else i can check?
  11. Vinyl_Addict

i got it dead on at 0. while i was "playing around" i had it at -1.5 KW and it seemed to idle smoother there then at 0. But i didnt drive it and really get a good feel. So far i can feel a little shimmy but seems a bit better. Maybe i'm just nuts and my idle feeler is too sensitive.
  12. Vinyl_Addict

Torsion value is + 2.0 i had a question about this line in the write up "adjusting the torsion by +/- 1.0 won't cause any damage, so feel free to play with the value." play with the value makes me think i could do it with the vcds but i couldn't figure out how to change it so does play with...
  13. Vinyl_Addict

I've had this car for about 7 months and i'm looking to sell it soon so i would like to figure out what this is. Ever since i got it i noticed a slight shimmy/ shake at idle. Cam was replaced with lifters and all hardware. alt pulley was replaced smooth belt operation now. The shimmy is still...
  14. Vinyl_Addict

TDI Conversions: Build Threads and Links to Swap Discussions

curious if a ahu a3 tdi and trans can be swapped into a 90 fox wagon? i have a full 98 donor car but realize the fox is a longitudinal setup and the jetta is transverse. I saw a few threads but people seem to be trying it with diesels that are already longitudinal.
  15. Vinyl_Addict

Little Pittsburgh Clan

does anyone have the special bit to change an alt pulley on a 05 bew? i need to change mine out.
  16. Vinyl_Addict

Little Pittsburgh Clan

anyone have updated contact for jamie jenkins? i called the number here and there was a message from a woman name laurie.
  17. Vinyl_Addict

Little Pittsburgh Clan

just moved to the area and i'm looking to help out on any projects anyone has going on. Also if anyone is interested i have a rusted out 98 tdi in braddock and i'm looking to swap the motor into something else, maybe an old rabbit/golf/ caddy pickup. Have some tools and a vag com/laptop.
  18. Vinyl_Addict

Pittsburgh meet anyone?

just moved to pittsburgh down to meet up.
  19. Vinyl_Addict

Hey, I have rear fog lights! Oh, no I don't.

i have a euro switch in my a3 but i never looked for an extra bulb in the tail lights. As far as i know when i pull out the switch it did nothing but light a second green light on the switch. Wonder if i had the fog option installed with a burned out bulb all this time.