Search results

1. K

What hazards should I know about a 2014 TDI SportWagen?

Has anyone ever bought a car from another state and had it shipped sight unseen?
  2. K

That seems a good car at a good price for sure
  3. K

I have to agree. I priced CPO JSWs nationwide and found that the average for one with similar mileage and age is around $13k. Yes, I could probably get an older one with more miles and not CPO for around 9-10k, but then were not comparing apples to apples.
  4. K

Any interchangeable parts between MKV and MKVI?

I'm looking at purchasing a 2013-14 TDI SportWagen manual and was wondering if there are any interchangeable parts with my broken down MKV (2006 BRM) Jetta manual. Any know if there are common parts between these cars?
  5. K

It's priced at $13.5k. Not a fantastic deal, but not a budget breaker by any means.
  6. K

It's black with Titan Black interior. Looks very nice.
  7. K

I had good luck with fuel in my area. I usually used BP, but I'd have to get back into researching my options. The one I'm looking at has no sunroof, it's a CPO (but not sure about exact coverage yet) and it's also a lovely manual transmission with 47k miles.
  8. K

Hi all, Back in 2013 I entered the TDI world with a 2006 MKV Jetta TDI... unfortunately it was the incredibly temperamental BRM engine, which blew a hols in the block a year ago. I'm looking to get back into it now with a 2014 TDI Wagen I'm looking at. I learned too late about the myriad...
  9. K

2006 5-speed BRM For Sale For Parts: Best Offer

I was here last summer with the hopes of parting out the car myself, but that quickly became unrealistic and I dropped it. Now I'm back to sell the car as it is, for parts. The skinny: The car was fine, I loved. Then one day leaving work there was a loud bang under the hood and long story...
  10. K

Parting Out: 2006 Jetta TDI 5-Speed (BRM)

I'm not yet in the tear-down phase, but I will be soon and wanted to have an idea of what parts, if any, people might be wanting. This is my first time parting out, so go easy on me! The engine is toast, but pretty much everything else is in working order. Everything (sans engine) is on the table.
  11. K

Engine blew? Can't diagnose yet, but have the symptoms.

That sounds poetically fatal.
  12. K

Engine blew? Can't diagnose yet, but have the symptoms.

Instead of spending my lunch break eating, I'm now wondering what I just blew in my 2006 Jetta BRM. I usually get a puff of smoke on startup, but this time it was a bit more. I pulled out on to the road and right after shifting to 2nd, I heard a clunk, for lack of a better term. It's almost the...
  13. K

VW MK4 How to Replace Speakers With Aftermarket

I wanted to add to this post as I found it awesomely helpful in doing my speaker replacement. First of all, speaker sizes. This can be hard to find sometimes. On a 10 speaker system with in-dash CD changer, front doors have tweeters, 4" and 6.5". The rear doors have tweeters and 5.25" speakers...
  14. K

Stuttering only when cold in 1st gear

I have gotten a couple of hits on this in searching, but without any clear resolutions. I have a BRM with a new (10k) cam. No DMF and it's manual. I ran the VCDS and got no codes for anything other than some basic electrical (door and aux heater). It started happening gradually during this...
  15. K

Another Lighter/Outlet Problem Thread: NOT Fuses

I used a test light and all fuses in the compartment were powered.
  16. K

Another Lighter/Outlet Problem Thread: NOT Fuses

I was doing some research and reading many threads here about the dreaded penny in the lighter socket. It has happened to me in my '06 Jetta TDI. Now none of the outlets work. Fuses are checked and good. All of the fuses, 24-26-and the other one that is sometimes not there. I have looked over...
  17. K

BRM Turbo Actuator Replacement Experiment?

Yes, they did. Something along the lines of I had some swivel tools and patience and *magic happens* all done. Scrichy84 was actually the first one to confirm that modifying tools and grinding sockets down was the way to go. Thanks for your input though. And thank you Scrichy84, your input was...