Search results

1. A

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Loki, thanks for putting this all in one place; I appreciate the effort.
  2. A

Navigation System RNS 510 Update DVD

I have not performed the update after using Loki's files; yet. I have updated my firmware to 4366 (couple of months ago) but I just read at this beginning of this thread that there is a newer one; 4369? I apologize if I am rehashing old material but I have been out of town for awhile; where...
  3. A

Navigation System RNS 510 Update DVD

Would it be safe to say that if you have NOT loaded V6 and your car was purchased in May 2013 or earlier, this would be an update from what shipped in the vehicle?
  4. A

VW Trunk Cargo Blocks

A special mat; VW uses Gorilla Gear and they work great.
  5. A

New Continental RNS-510 FW

No, I did not hit anything. I just followed the instructions. But there was an update to the instructions posted in this thread. You do have to make sure that you set your clock to the 24 hour mode before you start. Otherwise the update won't work.
  6. A

Test for Fuelly

Well.....?
  7. A

Just did the software update. Worked just like the instructions. I do notice an improvement in button functionality. I will tackle the Map update after I get a DVD-DL. Thanks again!
  8. A

Rear rotor issue at 250 miles

I agree with everything you said about how the pad is constructed. This vehicle is currently number 7 in my stable and I have never seen one behave like this (nor did my 06 Jetta). I just hit 500 miles and the front ones still look normal. I am putting splash guards (mud flaps) on this weekend...
  9. A

My thought exactly. I don't buy the "some break in this way, some don't", but I'm not taking the wheels off until after my 30 day check up, if they pull the same thing. Front ones are fine and the inside of the rear rotors feel/look fine; hard to see though.
  10. A

Finally.....pictures Thanks for the help on how to post pictures. Here they are: Passenger rear rotor Drivers rear rotor
  11. A

testing a picture post

try #3
  12. A

testing a picture post

try #2 [/IMG]
  13. A

testing a picture post

14. passenger rear rotor

passenger rear rotor

Grooves in rear rotors at 250 miles
  15. drivers rear rotor

drivers rear rotor

Grooves in rear rotors at 250 miles
  16. 2013_Passat_TDI

2013_Passat_TDI

pics of my Passat
  17. A

I had looked at 2 co-workers cars (both about 4 months old) and they didn't have the grooves. I checked a few at the dealer and they didn't either. The mechanic went with the "some of them break in that way". I had it documented and will follow up with them at my 30 day courtesy check. Hopefully...
  18. A

Then I will be standing by.....patiently.......not asking "Are we there yet?".......:)
  19. A

Thanks for the assist, TDaye. As I figured, I have the old firmware rev as well. Since it appears that VW is not nor will not release the update, I suppose we have 3 options; call and complain (I have twice now), live with it, or like some of the more proactive people on here, get our own and...
  20. A

As I walked up to the car yesterday, I noticed grooves in the passenger side rear rotor. When I looked at the drivers side, grooves are there but in different positions. Today I noticed a third groove starting on the drivers side rotor. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow but thought...