Search results

1. Cha2ga

TT Fat Fives - polished. $300

$300 Located in Liberty S.C. Local pick-up. Audi TT Fat Fives Part Number 1N0 601 025 H Size: 17” x 7-1/2” Offset: ET 32 Bolt Pattern: 5x100 OEM (893 601 171) center caps included (hard to find and about $25 each). I have a set of four. No cracks. No welds. Clear-coat was fully removed...
  2. Cha2ga

What is the coolant tank and cap difference

Coolant expansion tank 1J0 121 407 D ($57.24 genuine VW) vs 1J0 121 407 F ($19.95 genuine VW) Coolant tank cap. These are two types of caps. Essentially the same price. Both genuine VW. Is there a difference in pressure or something? My original on my 2000 beetle is the top one, but many...
  3. Cha2ga

Looking for ALH race pipe.

Looking for a race pipe for a ALH with stock manifold.
  4. Cha2ga

Alternator pulley

The alternator on my 2000 NewBeetle was not charging. Due to time and money constraints I chose to have it rebuilt locally. The shop installed a new clutched pulley. Not having experience with the alternators that go on the ALH engine, I didn't see anything wrong after verifying that it was...
  5. Cha2ga

Question on egr delete and no CEL

I have been running for about 10-15k miles on a clean intake and stealth egr valve. When I first removed the egr, I got a CEL within a week. I reset it with my VCDS and it has not come back on. I have no CEL's and no other things lit up on the cluster. I have installed DLC1019 and have hammer...
  6. Cha2ga

Will you please look at my vcds images and advise on IQ?

I'm running a little smokey and I think my IQ is too low. My intake has been cleaned within 1500 miles. EGR delete. Stealth race pipe. EGR cooler delete. New IP seals within 2000 miles. DLC1019 pop tested and installed about 1200 miles ago . The smoke is there when I let off the throttle to...
  7. Cha2ga

FS: Mititoyo digital calipers - never used! In SC.

Brand new Mitutoyo 500-196-30 digital calipers. I bought these, opened the package, then NEVER used them. They are a month old. $110 shipped to lower 48. Will consider trade for Scangauge2 or other 00 NewBeetle related items.
  8. Cha2ga

Can I use the plug in upper radiator hose for a gauge?

I have a 2000 new beetle. 5 speed. I would like to add a coolant temperature gauge into my Bernt gauge pod (along with boost, egt). My upper radiator hose has a flange with a plugged hole in it. I presume this is where the gauge sensor for the Golf/Jetta goes. Does anyone know if I can put a...
  9. Cha2ga

Coolant temp gauge

I'm wants to add a coolant temp gauge to my 2000 beetle. I know the golf and Jetta have a gauge. Does the coolant temp sensor provide the readings to those vehicles or does the gauge get its info from a different location? I was thinking of tapping into that sensor. I don't like the idea of...
  10. Cha2ga

Broken #2 injector hold down bolt

2000 New Beetle, ALH, 5 speed. Gentlemen I'm not very proud of myself at this moment. As a experienced Marine Corps helicopter mechanic and then receiving an industrial maintenance degree and working in industry as a maintenance and engineering technician for more than 20 years, all I can say...
  11. Cha2ga

Removed my block off gasket.

I was going to replace the intake with a clean one, EGR cooler delete, and install a stealth race pipe. I've had the car for almost 35k miles and I new it needed to be done (sits at 179500 miles). Anyways, I found this during the disassembly! Hopefully I'll never have to worry again!
  12. Cha2ga

Questions about driving in snow

I've driven in the snow about once every three or four years for the last 30years. never above about 6 inches. We are getting up to a foot tonight here in South Carolina. I MUST drive tomorrow. Half city half divided highway. Rolling hills. 2000 new beetle with 206-70-15 at 45psi. Not lowered...
  13. Cha2ga

Need help with clutch diagnosis

Background: 2000 New Beetle, stock alh, 5 speed with synchromesh oil, stock original clutch. 172K miles, timing belt service within last 2k. A month ago a valet (had to use, didn't have a reasonable choice) didn't know how to drive a stick and tried for 30-45 minutes to go up a steep, wet...
  14. Cha2ga

WTB: Bernt gauge pod for NewBeetle

looking for a Bernt gauge pod. With or without gauges.
  15. Cha2ga

Egr cooler and egr valve question.

I need to remove the EGR cooler on my 00 NB 5 speed and I need to know what size hose coupling barbs I need for the two coolant lines. I have the block off plates, stealth egr, and clean intake. I just need to know how to tie the coolant lines together. And I need to know if I'm supposed to put...
  16. Cha2ga

Help: aftermarket seat heater installation

I have a nice set of aftermarket seat heaters that I want to install in my 00 NB tdi. The car has oem vinyl seats. I took the drivers seat out of the car and was able to remove the seat bottom cover. There is a large non electrical wire that is running through (molded) the seat foam. I stopped...
  17. Cha2ga

What is this part?

I was changing vacuum lines on my 2000 Beetle . I was working near the egr and saw this fly out of somewhere and land between the #2 injector and engine. Car is running fine but smoke got worse under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd. I also broke the vacuum nipple on the anti shudder valve and...
  18. Cha2ga

Broke anti-shudder valve fitting. Can I drive?

I was replacing my vacuum lines. Replace every one and was on the very last one and broke the nipple on the EGR vacuum valve (anti shudder valve). What do I have to do to drive my car until I can get a replacement? What do I need to be aware of? Can I simply leave no connection to the valve and...
  19. Cha2ga

CV Axle bolts

I have to pull the passenger side axle on my '00 Beetle tdi. Does anyone know the size of the bolts that attach the inner to the transmission. I know the oem ones are triple square M8x48 (N91108201) but I am wanting to replace them with 6point allen heads like Raxle kits use. Any ideas?
  20. Cha2ga

WTB: Front clear turn signal lens for 2000 NB.

shipped to 29657. I have rear clear corners fs/ft if you're interested; but still need the fronts.