Search results

1. Cha2ga

Thermostat replacement

I've seen where quite a few people have had success with removing the bolt without removing the housing. Assuming that method, can the pipe be replaced without removing the housing?
  2. Cha2ga

Thermostat replacement

If you don't pull the oil filter housing, can the pipe be replaced?
  3. Cha2ga

Thermostat replacement

This is a very good thread with lots of info. I need to do this repair and am dreading it.
  4. Cha2ga

TT Fat Fives - polished. $300

$300 Located in Liberty S.C. Local pick-up. Audi TT Fat Fives Part Number 1N0 601 025 H Size: 17” x 7-1/2” Offset: ET 32 Bolt Pattern: 5x100 OEM (893 601 171) center caps included (hard to find and about $25 each). I have a set of four. No cracks. No welds. Clear-coat was fully removed...
  5. Cha2ga

SC - TDI GTG - 7th Annual Midlands Biofuels/Green Energy Biofuel - June 23, 2018

Anyone available to help me change rear axle bushings on a 00 beetle? I have the replacement cupra bushings, bolts, and press. I can bring whatever needed. I have no idea how to tackle this by myself at home.
  6. Cha2ga

Mk4 Rear Axle Beam Bushing Replacement Procedure

What is the alignment for installation for the Cupra bushings? They have two notches around the center hole instead of three like the oem bushings.
  7. Cha2ga

Got it! Thanks so much. I really do appreciate it.
  8. Cha2ga

Machine it to which one? 1,2, or 3?
  9. Cha2ga

Okay so if I machine one of these cups so the hole is larger larger than the bushing and it can cup over the actual axle hole, I'm in business.
  10. Cha2ga

This is my daily and I have to fix this. Anyone have a picture of the tool on a car with the Cupra bushings? Even a home made tool.
  11. Cha2ga

I'm having a hard time envisioning this. I presume one is going to fit against the actual hole that the bushing goes into. Basically that one is for support and won't move. The bushing will go on the other side of the hole with another "plate" against the bushing. The threaded rod will go all...
  12. Cha2ga

UhOh, in that picture which one needs a deeper cup? Top one or bottom one? I can machine it at work.
  13. Cha2ga

I have Cupra bushings from idparts and this tool. Is there some reason this tool will not work for installation on my 00 Beetle?
  14. Cha2ga

Race pipe with anti shutter

Anything at all? Disappointed.
  15. Cha2ga

Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

This weekend is SoWhat gtg in Helen. It's an offshoot of SOWO after that burned their bridges with the town. There is a facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoWhatHelenGA/
  16. Cha2ga

It's been a few months and I hope you're doing well and have been able to progress with the project.
  17. Cha2ga

WNC, WSC, Eastern TN members?

Liberty SC. You'll see me all over the upstate in a yellow beetle tdi with roof racks. If I had the room I would host. In the meantime I keep hoping a gtg will be announced soon!
  18. Cha2ga

How's it going? Any progress in the last month?