Search results

1. W

Ross-Tech VCDS VAG-COM Micro-CAN

Software is free man. No need to purchase
  2. W

Yes I still do, I'm sorry for the late response! Info on my cable taken from here (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.php): Compatibility: This interface is compatible only with cars with diagnostics based on Mk.5 Golf technology...
  3. W

Purchased a year ago and only used 2-3x. Sold the car so I don't need this. Looking for $200 shipped or $185+shipping.
  4. W

06 TDI Sluggish- No boost leaks, new fuel filter and glow plugs

Cam is messed up. Dealer is giving us a really good deal! So I'll have them do the install. Pump seems to be ok
  5. W

Wow easy!! Ah ok, I just don't have the special tools :( Crap, thats not good :( Well I'm going to replace the cam and go from there
  6. W

To answer my own question having cut bearings seems like a must so I'll take the $150 I saved over other sites and add this option to my order
  7. W

Good buy? Everyone else seems to have this for $150 more. Bora and Aaron get good reviews here and I think he is a vendor. Why is there an option to cut cam bearings?...is this where the $100 extra comes from with other sites doing this...
  8. W

You sir are correct! First video of worn cam and lifters is the exact sound! Looks like I'll be replacing those parts. Can I ask how long it took you or who did it? http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/camshaft-lobe-wear-inspection-and-replacement-on-tdi-pd-engine/
  9. W

Going to log boost now versus requested. Because they are original and had codes for all 4. Yeah?? Interesting. But metal in fuel system?
  10. W

Egr is deleted. Sorry I should've mentioned that
  11. W

Also there isn't much smoke out of exhaust. This car is Catless btw
  12. W

Hey guys. Back on here again with more problems with my wife's Jetta. It's sluggish, very sluggish. Makes boost like it should just nowhere near the power it should be. Did a fuel filter and there are small metal shavings in the filter housing. Dying fuel pump? There is also an exhaust leak...
  13. W

2006 TDI Battery issues

Ahh, thank you! Makes sense. It is indeed the CAN Gateway
  14. W

2006 TDI Battery issues

Message replies above
  15. W

2006 TDI Battery issues

Radio was the issue...BUT it keeps the CAN bus active so the "Data bus" fuse is drawing current as well when tested with the TSB matrix spreadsheet. I made a simple switch to cut off the radio and that fixed that drain of course, but the CAN bus is still active. Anyone have any experience...
  16. W

2006 TDI Battery issues

Hey guys, this issue is driving us nuts. My wife changed her radio to a generic touchscreen model. After a couple days the battery died. We figured it was the canbus wire on the harness not being cut so we removed it, cut the wire and reinstalled it. Car battery has died 5x since we installed...
  17. W

Clutch pedal stuck to the floor

This just started with my car. Thinking it's the MS/SS. May just replace both
  18. W

No Boost/Underboost

No kidding! Thanks!
  19. W

No Boost/Underboost

Yes, exactly! Thanks I appreciate it!