Search results

1. BlueCTTDi

Dyno - 2004 Golf PD w/VNT-17

Well, as much as I dislike dyno threads and the pi$$ing contests they usually become, I've had a number of inquiries as to how my car (2004 Golf PD; 56,500 miles) runs with the new VNT-17 I had installed earlier this year. I took a little trip today with a couple of folks to the site of the...
  2. BlueCTTDi

Suggestions for NE Dyno Day VI??

Hi, everyone... so at HO5G last weekend, a few of us were chatting about how it's almost that time of year to start thinking about the annual NE Dyno Day.. I figured I'd start a thread to at least get people thinking about it again and maybe to get the ball rolling, even though none of the...
  3. BlueCTTDi

Feeler: Koni Reds

So after a little trial period with my Reds (for a MkIV Golf) and much (much) debate, I've decided to order and try a set of FSD's. I've had the Reds on for about 2 months now with stock springs (only about 1500 miles) and absolutely love them - they're much better than stock, and I don't...
  4. BlueCTTDi

WTB: Mk4 3-spoke driver's side airbag

As the title suggests.. I just picked up an R-line steering wheel, and need the airbag (in good condition) to install in the center. Needless to say, I was a bit irritated when a vendor on the tex confirmed they were in stock and took my order, only to inform me 10 days later (only when I...
  5. BlueCTTDi

Front springs shot at 37,000 miles?????

OK, So I was having a rough day last week and I figured what better therapy than to drive around for a bit with the radio off and wind out the engine a bit and listen to the wonderful sound... And it was great.. until I started going over a few bumps.. seems that BOTH front springs are...
  6. BlueCTTDi

FS: Peloquin LSD for an O2J transmission

Hi all, bought a new in-box Peloquin O2J limited-slip diff this earlier this year with the expectation that I was going to build up my stock 2004 O2J 5-speed. Before I had it installed, I decided to bite the bullet and just go all out with a 6-speed conversion, so I no longer have any use for...
  7. BlueCTTDi

FS: Complete 04 Golf GLS Monsoon system

Update: Head unit tentatively sold.. see post below - now parting out remainder of set. OK, guys.. decided to throw it up for sale.. upgraded my stock double-din w/Monsoon system (04 Golf) to OEM Navi and aftermarket amp/speakers. As such, I have the complete system (head unit with code and...
  8. BlueCTTDi

Questions about DRW 6-sp upgrade

Hi, all. This is mainly directed at those of you who've successfully completed the DRW 6-speed transmission upgrade - I could use some advice. This is one of those "should I make the jump" questions. Right now I have the standard O2J tranny in my 04 Golf. I was about to have the following...
  9. BlueCTTDi

Feeler FS - Monsoon system components

Moved to official FS thread...
  10. BlueCTTDi

3.156 Final drive source?

Hey guys.. have any of you managed to source a 3.156 ring & pinion lately (and if so, where and how much?) I've got a powerclutch and Peloquin that need to be installed anyway, so I think I'm biting the bullet and just upgrading the R&P while I'm at it instead of installing the .68 5th gear...
  11. BlueCTTDi

Seatbelt receiver part #?

Hey guys.. to make a really long story short, I swapped out Euro Recaro's into my car a while back, but neglected to swap over the passenger side seatbelt receiver (didn't realize I had to swap both...), so of course, i'm throwing an airbag light b/c the incorrect receiver is installed on that...
  12. BlueCTTDi

Question about Peloquin LSD (Help!)

So I have an opportunity to get a pretty decent deal on a new Peloquin LSD (:) ) for an O2J transmission (which I of course have). The problem comes in that during March 04, (as I'm assuming some of you are aware already) the differential ring gear diameter in the O2J was reduced from 114 to...
  13. BlueCTTDi

Should I upgrade my radio?

Ok.. so as the topic suggests, I'm mulling over whether to make some changes to my stereo system.. so I'm hoping to pick some of your brains for opinions. Current set-up: Stock 2004 Monsoon double-din cd player w/stock monsoon amp. Phatbox (20gb; connected through the cd changer port) (I also...
  14. BlueCTTDi

PD replacement oil pan w/sensor?

Hey guys.. sorry for what should be a seemingly easy question to find an answer for, but i'm having a hard time getting a straight answer by searching the forums ad nauseam... Does anyone have a part # for a 2004 PD100 oil pan *with* the provision for the oil level sensor? (Were they even...
  15. BlueCTTDi

FS: Heated cloth front seats, 2004 Golf GLS

Edit 3/14/06: *Pending Sale...* Hi all.. wanted to give fellow TDIers a crack at these if anyone is interested before I even thought about posting to the other evil site *cringe*... Just upgraded my interior to leather recaro's (:D), so my stock front seats are sitting in my living room and...
  16. BlueCTTDi

Saw these gauges while watching the SEMA recap on the Speed channel...

These gauges are supposed to be released for sale pretty soon... has anyone seen them in person yet? http://www.msdignition.com/2006/06-1.htm Specifically, the 2 1/16 combo EGT (100 to 1800 deg) and Boost gauge (0 to 50psi)... From the pics, that blue doesn't look all that far off.. these...
  17. BlueCTTDi

WTB: FIS/MFA Golf 4 Cluster

Looking for a half or full-pixel sport golf 4 cluster, P/N 1J5 920 926 C(X if applicable) or 1J5 920 946 C(X). Any leads would be helpful.. Thanks, Mike Note: All set and no longer looking as of 11/15. Thanks to those of you who contacted me - greatly appreciated :)
  18. BlueCTTDi

FIS Cluster trials and tribulations....

OK, after searching for months (yes, on ebay and all) for one of these things.. I'm trying to find a European sport gauge cluster (half-pixel or full-pixel) for my 04 golf. To make a long story (relatively) short, I'm having a hell of a time and at this point, I'm about ready to throw down...
  19. BlueCTTDi

Lower engine reliability w/VNT17 + ...

Hey guys... as I sit here the last few weeks practically foaming at the mouth (like a fair number of you) over just the thought of picking up a VNT17, PD150 nozzles, RC4, a Eurojet FMIC, and a fat clutch among other things.. I've done a lot of reading up on the pros and cons of everything...
  20. BlueCTTDi

Autometer oil temp gauge installation?

Hey guys.. trying to pick some brains for some mounting options for the oil temp sensor for an Autometer Cobalt gauge. Since the oil filter flanges on the PD's don't have the second plug like the old ones, I had a friend of mine who has access to a drill press try to drill out a drain plug to...