7. IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

8. IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

9. B5.5 Wagon

B5.5 Wagon

Pics of my B5.5 Wagon for sale.
  10. M

SOLD! FS: (siezed motor) '05 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed swap, BSM geared delete, new tires, new suspension

SOLD SOLD SOLD I made a stupid mistake and let the car idle after blowing a turbo. It won't turn over anymore. Yeah... blew one turbo, reinstalled a brand new one and upgraded the boost hose seals, but I must have still had a leak because the new turbo blew within 500 miles. When it lost power...
  11. M

How reliable is it?

Also, do a DSG fluid change every 40k miles. If you haven't done one yet, you should consider doing so. If you need help, I live in the Salt Lake Valley too and could help with the filling tool that I have for DSG fluid.
  12. M

How reliable is it?

Your car should be plenty reliable. It has a common rail diesel w/ engine code CJAA and you should use VW 507.00 oil such as Mobil 1 ESP 0w-30. Also, to keep your fuel pump reliable, use a lubricity additive such as Optilube XL. A little goes a long way with the Optilube XL. You have an extended...
  13. M

Oil Leak?

My BHW leaks WAY more oil than that (like several drips on the driveway each day) and the oil level hardly even moves. I wouldn't be concerned about it.
  14. M

Viton O-rings for Boost Leak?

Thanks Steve, I will for sure look at the 90 degree hose today and make 100% certain that it is not split in any way. I keep reading that that seems to be a common happening with these engines, so I hope that is the issue at hand since it's easily fixed by replacing it.
  15. M

Viton O-rings for Boost Leak?

Mods completed on the car: manual swap, BSM delete, stage 2 from tdtuning. I had what I thought was a boost leak sound coming from my BHW when I first added the stage 2 tune, but my father thought otherwise. Well, my turbo failed (most likely from being overworked due to boost leak), so I...
  16. M

'Whoosh' noise and stiff brake pedal issues

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wanted to hope that it is not a bad brake booster, because I hear that replacing it is a pain and I'm not paying a shop to do it. I did a manual swap in a BHW Passat though, so I imagine I can get through anything. Seems I don't have the greatest luck with my...
  17. M

Good point. It's a 2001 ALH Golf
  18. M

When I press the brakes, there's a soft 'whoosh' noise and the brake pedal is really firm and it basically feels like there's no brake assist happening. The vacuum pump nipple is good and I replaced the pipe that goes to the brake assist hoping it would fix the problem, but it did not. Brake...