Search results

1. H

Car for parts :(

Hey all, first off this forum has been a Godsend. I bought my first car (2000 MK4 Jetta) because of you folks. I sold it to my brother once I left Canada and he's enjoyed it ever since. Unfortunately, it may now be a scrap car. The damage is quite small (passenger side door, fender, and some...
  2. H

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Hi Jeff, One of my 55w ballasts died. I have the 1.75 MK4 Jetta lights. I am looking for some good quality ballasts... there is so much out there on the internet its hard to tell which ones will quit after 6 months of usage. Have you had any issues with your can-bus ones? Has anyone? Or...
  3. H

Hi Jeff and all, Its been sometime since I visited this thread! Interesting to see all the developments. Quick troubleshooting question. I have the 3.0a lights and have the OEM set up for fog lights as well on a 2000 MK4 Jetta with 330,000kms. My drivers' side light sometimes lights...
  4. H

VNT-17 questions

Just to clarify, are you getting a VNT-17 as a replacement and want to run that without a tune for the time being? If that is the case, then you should be just fine. The VNT-17 will give you enough compression you need in your engine without causing any problems. I've done the same for about 8...
  5. H

06 Jetta Leaking oil and Black Smoke

Just to reiterate, its most likely the turbo. Don't drive it until you get it fixed because it could get way worse at any time and then you'll dump a ton of oil into your engine in seconds. Lower IC full of oil is a tell tale sign of turbo failure. Also look for oil coming out of your exhaust...
  6. H

Current Deals Thread?

No more in the GTA, just checked...
  7. H

The car audio thread...

I'm subscribing too. Let us know how it goes. Its surprising that there aren't other companies making a good android car deck.
  8. H

Who picked up the steal of the year yesterday?

I need to scour kijiji more often...
  9. H

Need a picture of install dogbone on ALH

The video was meant to illustrate the orientation of the dogbone, not solve your problem! That will take some careful inspection and comparison of your dogbone and the one in the video. Goodluck!
  10. H

Need a picture of install dogbone on ALH

This should help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqzc-nJ9Uk
  11. H

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll get around to doing that eventually.
  12. H

Hi All, Was wondering if anyone has come across what I'm experiencing. I installed my Jetta IV 1.75 headlights and they are awesome!!!!! I then installed fog lights as described here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=37585 Whats going on now is that when I try to flash my high beam...
  13. H

How to remove ALH alternator pulley in car

Pulled the alternator... broke off a mounting bracket while trying to push the bushing in... Need a new alternator... Sigh.
  14. H

Yea, I'm pulling towards the front of the car as per wingnut's instructions with the 17mm wrench while the 12mm is in place.
  15. H

Just stripped the tool some more.... This is nuts. Any suggestions would be great. I have to get this done tonight!
  16. H

mine is still on the car, so I don't have much access. I sprayed some lube in there, we'll see in a bit.
  17. H

Guys, I'm trying to do this now as we speak, and this gosh darn pulley won't loosen off. I have the metalnerd tool, have everything off that needs to be off.... The pulley free wheels in both directions so that confirms the pulley is gone. But this thing just won't loosen. I indented my wrench...
  18. H

turbo

Agree with above. You likely have somekind of leak. If there isn't any smoke, it's likely small. If you don't have a ccv mod, you'll find the leak where the oil is.
  19. H

Can't make sense of fault codes after Turbo Replacement

oh I see. I will try to get it scanned again to see the new codes. Which of those codes listed are from the EGR delete?
  20. H

Can't make sense of fault codes after Turbo Replacement

I replaced my turbo, upgraded intercooler piping, intake, exhaust, and did an EGR block off in the process. After that, I got these codes: 5 Faults Found: 17569 - Manifold Temp Sensor (G72) P1161 - 35-00 - Open or Short to Plus 17564 - Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)...