Search results

1. Manu

FS: (Ontario) x4 15" VW OEM steel wheels with old Michelin all season

$100 cash picked up (no delivery) I have 4 15" VW OEM steel wheels with old Michelin all season tires that came from factory on the Mk5 Jetta 2.5L NO RUST, just lots of brake dust (no winters on them, had dedicated winter set) Centre caps not included. photo by MANU 01, on Flickr
  2. Manu

Timing belt replacement - when?

Scheduled maintenance says 160,000 kms. Dealer says I should do it earlier (120,000 kms) I politely declined, and told them that I'd service the belt as per scheduled service interval. When did/will you replace the timing belt and associated parts?
  3. Manu

MFD2 will not turn on with car

Hi guys, Got an MFD2 in my Jetta that will not turn on when I start the car. It turns on manually (with the power knob/button) but not when the car starts. Started acting up a couple of months ago. Worked just fine for the last 7 or so years. Any ideas? btw, car still has original...
  4. Manu

Cel: P2271

question here for the TDI gurus: I got a P2271 bank 1 sensor 2 code Where is the O2 sensor that throws P2271? MIL came on last Sunday, took the code then erased it, now it's back on as of this morning. Is it the one under the car, past the catalyst converter (in between cat and rear muffler)...
  5. Manu

MIL: P2271 code

question here for the TDI gurus: I got a P2271 bank 1 sensor 2 code Where is the O2 sensor that throws P2271? MIL came on last Sunday, took the code then erased it, now it's back on as of this morning. Is it the one under the car, past the catalyst converter (in between cat and rear muffler)...
  6. Manu

Feeler: OEM Mk5 Golf/Jetta MFD2 Euro Navigation unit

*** Not enough interest, no longer for sale ***
  7. Manu

test

not working
  8. Manu

Lost center cap...again!!

Second time I lost the centre cap, in a matter of a few months. This time around, only a few days after installing them after taking the winters off. Is it just me, or does it happen to you guys too? Dealer sells them for $12 a pop, not cheap... I'm thinking of removing the wheels, and take...
  9. Manu

Where is the 9W2 module located?

As the title says, where is the 9W2 module? I've read under the front passenger seat, but isn't that the SIRIUS satelite module? Thanks.
  10. Manu

testing

not working
  11. Manu

FS: VW Navteq Navigation CD - Canada Ver. 1

For sale is a NAVIGATION CD from Navteq. See picture below: Came with the OEM navigation systems on early Touaregs. $20
  12. Manu

Power Service for ULSD?

Hope I'm posting in the right location. I have the new clean diesel engine and was wondering if the power service (below in picture) is any good for the new engines. I used it occasionally on my old 2001 TDI, and still have 2 jugs of this stuff. Is it safe to use?
  13. Manu

FS: OEM 15" steel wheel, 5x100, with 195/65-15 Pirelli Sottozero Winter 210

SOLD Sold the 01 Jetta a while back. What: VW OEM 15" steel wheel, 5x100, with 195/65-15 Pirelli Sottozero Winter 210 " Performance winter tires" Condition: Over 90% thread left. Used one winter only (+/- 6,000kms), everything was bought new including steel rims. Purchased from VW...
  14. Manu

FS: 17" TSW Trophy ET+35

**SOLD** Sold the car, no longer need these rims. $600 firm (will ignore anything lower) No shipping, no delivery. Pick up only. 5x100 ET+35 TSW Trophy (including VW centre caps) with 225/45-17 Michelin XGTH4 all-season rubber, 2 seasons left on them. One rim has minor curb damage (see...
  15. Manu

FS: 2001 Jetta GLS TDI -ONTARIO- Need new head

Ok, here it goes: Timing belt skipped, will need new head. SOLD $XXXX as is, cash or certified cheque (don't bother lowballing) Car is driveable still, drove it back from Toronto, and to and from the dealer. I'd suggest a tow truck, as the car as low power. Original owner since new (my...
  16. Manu

Mittler Motors in Newmarket?

Mittler Motors in Newmarket, would anyone recommend them to work on a TDI?? With possible turbo issue and low or no power? Thanks
  17. Manu

Turbo gone?

Hi all, 2001 jetta tdi, +-215,000 km I was driving down the hwy today on cruise control at 130km/h when suddenly, the engine became louder, and lost all power from engine. The engine still ran, but no power. No CEL, not on limp mode, but felt like it. The car could go back up to speed, but...
  18. Manu

Power Loss over 3000 rpms

2001 Jetta A4 TDi - Loss of power at high rpm and high load (up hill) Hi all, I am experiencing loss of power, more like the engine has a hard time going over 3000 rpms. I can give it full trottle, and no response for what feels like an eternity, the engine will be stuck at around 3000 rpms...
  19. Manu

Motomaster 3 in 1 fuel conditioner any good?

As the title says, is it any good. It's a 3 in 1, injector cleaner, anti-gel, and more lubrication for low sulphur diesel. Price ain't bad and readily available at the local Canadian Tire store. Anyone here uses it? I've used Stanadyne b4, but it requires a trip to the VW dealer. Tks
  20. Manu

Tire pressure?

Hello all, I'm sure this been answered b4, bear with me. What is the correct tire pressure? The label on the fuel door says 26 PSI, with any tire combination. Here is what I run: 2001 Jetta TDI Stock suspension 225/45-17 during the summer, and 195/65-15 during the winter I inflate the...