Search results

1. V

Battery Box to Air Cleaner Intake Attachment removal

Hi All, Appreciate some guidance on removing clamps or thingy holding Battery Tray to air cleaner intake. I can't figure out how to insert an image...
  2. V

Help needed 2013 Jetta SW TDI starter issues-not cranking

Hi, My 2013 JSW with the push to start button will not turn over, Called for a jump thinking battery, some smoke from under the battery, no crank, had to get it towed. I've removed the battery trying to get to the starter to check on the solenoid and ground but can't get the airbox out or the...
  3. V

Chasing an oil leak

I broke my dipstick when I did my TB last winter and have been trying to stop an oil leak. The first one I didn't set so it was always loose and still leaking, the second one I did set with wood and a mallet but still drip drip. Any body know if I'm missing an O ring or where the chronic leak...
  4. V

E Brake and Caliper Question

I thought my cable went bad but it turns out one of the pads came off the right rear. I ordered a new Rotor and have the pads, but should I try to use my old caliper, just back the piston in, or just order a new one, or 2? The brakes were just done over a year ago, 10K miles by a shop here in...
  5. V

VCDS Purchase Question

Hi all, I' looking for some advise on purchasing a VCDS. I just am finishing my TB and need to set the timing. I don't know what the dealer charges but I see the VCDS goes at $ 249.00 My wife has an Audi now out of warranty, does this justify the purchase? No gurus in the neighborhood just a...
  6. V

timing belt install problem crank moving

Hi all, I'm trying to get my new tb on and having problem with the crank moving. I have the ip pinned and the cam lock in but every time I thread the belt through and install the cam sprocket the flywheel moves two teeth back. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  7. V

Need advice-Seems like I have no turbo

I purchased this 03 Jetta last year and it never really got over 2800 RPMs. I just changed all the vacuum lines seemed to help now I can get 3200 rpms but it still feels like I'm not getting any boost or surge (turbo action). I am going to order a Mityvac, as this is what I think I need to test...
  8. V

Key Fob question Audi to Jetta

Will a Key Fob from an Audi work in a VW. I have an 03 Jetta (fob not working) and Fob with a broken switchblade from an 08 Audi tt. I have the switchblade from my Jetta with a key and transponder that work, but the fob won't work< no red light flicker. even after replacing the battery. Its the...
  9. V

Manual Door Lock (Key) Inoperative

I took the wrong key fob today and the door would not unlock, it turned ok either way but would not unlock the door. When I got the correct fob it would only unlock with the remote. I have been reading the reprogramming steps with out the Vac Com but I don't know if this reprograms the door lock...
  10. V

Home Made Engine Lift 2 X 4s and allthread???

I saw this some where and should have book marked it. I need to do my timing belt soon and can't get up and down to easy so I was going to rent a lift/bay. I wanted to make one like I saw on a post so I don't have to do the jack and block to raise it up. I appreciate it if any body could direct...
  11. V

Is there an article on change Transmission seals?

I have a leaking seal on the right side of my trans., manual 5 speed. Has any body seen or done a how to on this? I will change both of them, I've never done one on a FWD before. I appreciate any help, what to take off first and how to get to the seals before I tear it down.I will order the...
  12. V

Dropped Window

Hi I just had the drivers side window drop Saturday. The auto down was going and the window binded, I think, so it came out of the regulator to window clips. They are aluminum and lined with rubber connected to the regulator.I followed the door card removal and the regulator repair how to. Both...
  13. V

Temperature gauge sending unit location?

Hi I have an erratic temp gauge and would like to find the location of the sending unit, any body able to fill me in? 2003 Jetta
  14. V

New to me 2003 Jetta TDI

Hi all, I'm new to the VW diesel but have owned Ford IH Diesels since 85. I'm soon to be the owner of a TDI and am planning the maintenance. The timing belt was done in 07 at 97K and the clock is at 155 so from everything I'm reading this is a must. MY question is should I go and do the manifold...