Search results

1. D

Acura TSX diesel plans cancelled

News about the cancellation of plans for 2009 acura CRD TSX are out. Probably the accord will cancel too. Seems the emissions for 50-state certification could only be achieved with the manual transmission, not with the auto slushbox...
  2. D

Front seat tilt adjustment done today

Have always disliked the lack of front/back tilt adjustment for the seat bottom in the Jetta. I can't get comfortable in these seats. This is a package one 2006 Jetta--the seat back adjustment is power: the front-rear and seat height adjustment is manual. Have tolerated in past, merely pumping...
  3. D

Someone stole my Front Grille VW emblem!

Dayum. Was parked in the O'Hare Economy parking lot and someone liberated my big center VW emblem from my grille leaving a big empty hole. Tdi now looks sort of naked but somehow it sems that the car looks better with a lesser chrome load. Solutions? Buy a big new VW emblem? Replace the...
  4. D

peeled the front wheelwell liner out today????

Had a freakish mishap today. Backed up thru a pothole up onto driveway today. Somehow, the mudguard lip on the passenger front wheel well must have folded up against the tire and got peeled out by the reverse rotation of the tire, tore the back 1/2 of the wheel well liner loose and bending open...
  5. D

Audi To Launch A4 Diesel in US

Audi to launch diesel-powered A4 in the US Thursday October 18, 2007 It's official: Audi is bringing diesel cars to the US -- first a TDI version of the Q7 SUV, and then a diesel-powered A4. Both vehicles will use a 3.0 liter V6 with common-rail injection that produces 240 horsepower and...
  6. D

Wiper Blade Replacement--it's easy!

I swapped wiper blades today. I read in previous posts that the blade insert will slide out of the sleek delta-shaped wiper assembly if the end cap is removed. No need to remove both cap ends. When you examine the blade, one end is looser than the other. The end that won't slide is the end...
  7. D

ContiSports not so good on snow :(

Have had a bit of the white stuff so far this winter up in Wisconsin. The Contisports that came OEM on the TDI are surprisingly poor in any snow amount beyond a trace. I don't think I've ever had to abandon all hope for running tires for a winter here in SE Wisconsin in the first year, as...