Search results

1. OldSchoolFresh

FS: 1998 Jetta TDI ~387000kms Edmonton

I've owned this vehicle for nearly five years and we have alot of history together so it's with extreme sadness that I have to let her go. She was driving beautifully until about Christmas and since then performance has been slowly degrading. Now after replacing many parts and still no results...
  2. OldSchoolFresh

98 TDI No power, no boost, becoming dangerous

Well my 98 Jetta TDI has been really underwhelming lately. It seems that in December that the power output has been decreasing gradually. Now in January my car doesn't want to rev past 2000 when cold and not over ~2600 when at normal operating temperature, as well boost pressure seems to top out...
  3. OldSchoolFresh

N75 Hoses And What They're For

So we know the N75 valve have three hoses coming from it, red, blue and black. I just wanted to confirm that the black hose is from the intake air hose, the blue is from the wastegate and the red is from the lower intercooler piping before the intercooler itself. I ask since i'm getting a...
  4. OldSchoolFresh

98 TDI Valve Cover Oil Filler Neck

I was wondering if anyone had a schematic of the valve cover for a 98 Jetta TDI. The oil filler neck, the thing where the oil cap screws into is loose on the valve cover and I think oil is slowly seeping out so I bought a new filler neck and gasket. Part numbers 028-115-301 and 036-133-287...
  5. OldSchoolFresh

Losing Coolant, Coolant in Oil :(

Well this sucks, I've been losing coolant at a steady rate for quite a while maybe almost a cup every two weeks. And yes it is G12. So today I go to fill it up and I decide to check the oil while i'm at it, I pull out the stick and some water like liquid comes out with it, uh oh. I check under...
  6. OldSchoolFresh

My 84 Jetta Turbo Diesel!

Just picked this up, original owner believe it or not, it has 288,500 miles, and the owner is a total diesel nut! It has been maintained like how a diesel should be, proper oil changes, timing belts done on a regular basis, and driven hard like how a diesel should be! Not a TDI but an awesome...
  7. OldSchoolFresh

TDIParts

I ordered from TDIParts quite a few weeks ago from Canada and I just wanted to thank them for such quick shipping, quality parts and great service! I've ordered stuff from the states before but the 30lb box of brake parts arrived so quickly. After getting it all installed and braking in the...
  8. OldSchoolFresh

Roof Rack Basket

For my 98 Jetta I just have the base bars for my roof rack but I would like to have a basket to attach so I can carry larger loads, it's an OEM rack though, not Thule or Yakima. Does VW sell just baskets or can I get aftermarket ones to fit on an OEM rack? It's a black rack if that makes any...
  9. OldSchoolFresh

CCV Mod to prevent Intercooler cleaning?

Has anyone done the below setup before? From what I get from it is remove the hose from the black puck on the valve cover that connects to the intake. Take a 3/4" hose hook it up to the puck and run the other end into a can or something and plug up the hole on the intake with a plug. It seems a...
  10. OldSchoolFresh

GVWR and Tare

Does anyone know what the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and what the Tare would be for a 1998 VW Jetta TDI? Just curious....
  11. OldSchoolFresh

98 TDI Oil Filter Part Number

I went to the dealer to get an oil filter for my 98 TDI and I just want to make sure it's the right one, it's an OEM filter and the part number on the invoice is 06A-115-561-B, all my other filters have been Mahle, Bosch, but since I can't get those as easily I had to go to the dealer, I never...
  12. OldSchoolFresh

Oil on the valve cover, near the oil cap and CCV puck

My car is a 98 A3 TDI with around 310,000 kms on it, and around the oil cap and CCV puck there is oily residue on the valve cover. I'm thinking the oil cap seal is cracked, but I don't know why the CCV is leaking, the tubes seem to be on there tight, but some oily residue/sludge is coming out...
  13. OldSchoolFresh

FS: 98 Jetta TDI Calgary, Alberta

I'll be selling my 98 Jetta TDI, it's located in Calgary, Alberta. The car is white, 5 speed, fully loaded, power everything, sunroof, it has almost 310,000 kms, but the odometer rolled over so it says nearly 10,000 right now. Timing belt was done about 20,000 kms ago at the dealership. Nothing...
  14. OldSchoolFresh

How's the condition of my timing belt? With pics

So I was inspecting my timing belt and saw that the belt was a little close to the edge, I'm not sure if this is anything to be worried about but just thought I would ask. It was replaced just a bit over 20,000 kms ago, and during cold starts the timing belt squeals a bit, but goes away when...
  15. OldSchoolFresh

CCV Mod

Seeing how it is getting hard to find items like ProVent filters for the CCV mod and Old Navys CCV mod is a tad costly, I was thinking if I could use this It's from Wingnuts CCV mod 3.0, if I can throw this filter in for the CCV mod for my A3 that would be awesome, I think it could be done...
  16. OldSchoolFresh

Smoking a bit,fuel consumption is up and more

First off some info, 98 Jetta TDI with 306K on it, standard trans, stock engine. Timing was checked with VAG com to be within spec, slightly advanced. Filled up with Shell Ultra Diesel, no additives, timing belt was done almost 18,000 kms ago. My car even a few fillups before wasn't smoking...
  17. OldSchoolFresh

Undercarriage Holes? :(

So while installing a new set of springs and dampers on my vehicle I noticed a hole in the undercarriage where it had rusted through, and there was even carpet sticking out. It's not very large though, should I get a plate welded over it, or is there another way to repair this? There is no...
  18. OldSchoolFresh

BMW 535d Top Gear Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HpspsvRVg&search=top%20gear A very good very of the BMW 535d. Sounds like a beast at startup!
  19. OldSchoolFresh

Aston Martin spotted in Calgary hangin with my TDI!

Spotted at North Hill Mall by SAIT!!!! Too bad the owner wasn't there I would ask to check out the engine and see how it sounds. I got about 30 other pictures as well.... Once in a lifetime opportunity to take a pic of a DB9 with a TDI I bet.
  20. OldSchoolFresh

12 Year Corrosion Warranty?

I know that VW has a 12 year corrosion warranty, I have some bad rust where the car is jacked up on the sides and in the rear wheel wells. It has 300,000 kms on it almost and I am the second owner. As well it seems that the previous owner tried to repair the rust, but didn't do a great job with...