Search results

1. OldSchoolFresh

'98 Jetta. No revs.

It definitely is a puzzling problem! Anyone with any ideas?
  2. OldSchoolFresh

'98 Jetta. No revs.

Props to shagin'wagen for coming by again and taking a look, we tried connecting a post on the injector pump to the postive terminal on the battery and we measured a amperage going though. The car definately revved quicker but sounded like crap and still didn't rev over 2000. We tried it again...
  3. OldSchoolFresh

'98 Jetta. No revs.

The more the merrier!
  4. OldSchoolFresh

'98 Jetta. No revs.

Sure did, no change.:(
  5. OldSchoolFresh

'98 Jetta. No revs.

Yup that's my car some of you may remember a thread I made a while ago, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=270915 I did check the hose inside the ECU and replaced the one leading to it and still no change, replaced the N75 and MAF no change, and am currently in the process of changing...
  6. OldSchoolFresh

FS: 1998 Jetta TDI ~387000kms Edmonton

I've owned this vehicle for nearly five years and we have alot of history together so it's with extreme sadness that I have to let her go. She was driving beautifully until about Christmas and since then performance has been slowly degrading. Now after replacing many parts and still no results...
  7. OldSchoolFresh

98 TDI No power, no boost, becoming dangerous

Cracked open the computer, hose was pristine, no signs of leaks, did a quick test by blowing into it:o Now I broke down and purchased a Pierburg MAF, ugg almost $200. I'm starting to run out of ideas.
  8. OldSchoolFresh

Both excellent ideas, and a lot cheaper than a new MAF. I know that the signal isn't flat lined at 550, so the MAF could be dirty and it's worth trying to clean it. It's just reading WAY below 550 (but still a variable signal!) so maybe the engine is cutting back on fuel so no power. But there...
  9. OldSchoolFresh

Oops I should read over the posts more carefully. Is my face red! I did do some logging with my VAGcom and the MAF requested was 850 when floored but the actual never broke 400 I believe, I will graph it and post it soon. While I don't know if there was actually more power with the MAF...
  10. OldSchoolFresh

Oh there's another inside the computer, I didn't know that!:o I guess I'll have to check that out as well while I replace all the other lines. If this fixes my problem it'll save me from buying a new MAF, besides I already have the tubing. I'm sure the hoses are correctl installed, the intake...
  11. OldSchoolFresh

Would a malfunctioning MAF cause the stuttering/backfire like problems? I'll make a visual inspection and log some data with my VAGcom.
  12. OldSchoolFresh

Well small update, I did unplug the MAF and drove around like that for a while and power did increase but I noticed that it was sputtering more around 2000 rpm and it became more violent the more I pushed down on the accelerator. There's a bit of black smoke coming out as well. It can rev higher...
  13. OldSchoolFresh

I did reset the code and it does come back, take a little for it to come back though it's not immediate. I haven't tried unplugging it and driving it like that yet. Should I notice an increase in power, since I don't think it can get much worse? I thought the Peirburg MAF was pretty reliable...
  14. OldSchoolFresh

I did get a "MAF implausible signal" code other than that no. I did disconnect the battery waited and reconnected, no change at all.
  15. OldSchoolFresh

Well I did replace the one that goes to the computer and still no change. As for changing all the hoses did you have access to a shop? Is it necessary to hoist up the car? Are the hoses all the same size?
  16. OldSchoolFresh

1998 Jetta TDI work done......Sears.....

Did I read it right, wastegate actuator solenoid install for $51? N75 valve? I did mine in about 5 minutes and just needed a par of scissors.
  17. OldSchoolFresh

I'm thinking that it may be a vacuum hose, but right now I'm going to replace the one going to the car computer as I heard that was a common source for problems. I think I will set the computer with my VAGcom so I won't have to clean the intake, but I've had the car nearly five years and this is...
  18. OldSchoolFresh

Well my 98 Jetta TDI has been really underwhelming lately. It seems that in December that the power output has been decreasing gradually. Now in January my car doesn't want to rev past 2000 when cold and not over ~2600 when at normal operating temperature, as well boost pressure seems to top out...
  19. OldSchoolFresh

N75 Hoses And What They're For

So we know the N75 valve have three hoses coming from it, red, blue and black. I just wanted to confirm that the black hose is from the intake air hose, the blue is from the wastegate and the red is from the lower intercooler piping before the intercooler itself. I ask since i'm getting a...
  20. OldSchoolFresh

Tdi Bov

One of my hoses from the intercooler before the intake manifold got a tear in it so when my friend wanted to see how much air was coming it he put his finger on the leak, I revved it up, he let go and it sounded like a BOV, pretty cool. But I patched it with electrical tape, until I can get...