Search results

1. D

Tell me about Toureg TDI's 2013+

Second video shows an audi engine but it's the excat same, apart from engine cover.
  2. D

Need advice on my 1st NOx regen - CJAA

Okay that make sense. I've noticed most CJAAs get to about 87c and stay there. Unless they are preforming a regen or in a warm part of the country I've never really seen them above that
  3. D

Need advice on my 1st NOx regen - CJAA

DeNox cycle needs to be at a constant speed, that graph shows alot of stop and go. No wonder it can't complete a cycle.
  4. D

Its been a long long time...

Mk4 springs break quite often. 3 of the 4 mk4s I've owned had broken springs or broke shortly after owning. They tend to break about 3 inches from the end.
  5. D

Delayed DSG shifting

It's sad but unfortunately it happens often. My son's first car was a POS Hyundai which lasted a year before he ran it almost dry and had issues afterwards. After I gave him my mk6 golf tdi for his birthday, he knew I'd be totally mad if he didn't take care of it but he actually loves it and...
  6. D

Turbo Lag

Block off plate loose or missing gasket?
  7. D

Injectors

Cylinder 1 is your issue. Do a compression test.
  8. D

Help Needed ASAP: Frozen Lugs

You are correct, mistyped
  9. D

Help Needed ASAP: Frozen Lugs

Lug bolts go on dry at 88 ftlbs, if you put anti seize on there you'll have to increase the torque spec. Chances are last shop monkey sent them home full bore. Lots of penetrating oil left over time, some heat and 3/4 impact. Last resort is drill
  10. D

Brand new alternator battery light off/on

Yeah I couldn't say. It was a oem rebuilt alternator as far as I know. If I had known you sell parts I would have bought the rebuilt parts from you I'll be sending a message for some parts soon, my son's 2010 golfs cjaa alternator is starting to act funky when a high load is place on it during...
  11. D

Hard first crank daily on 2014 Jetta CJAA (stock)

3 different VINs. But you can use it as much as you want on those 3. You can buy more anyway if needed. VCDS support is second to none
  12. D

Nope. Just both wore very quick. When I mean the copper was soft, it was very soft. Normal commutator copper has a 'shiny' appearance when it's wearing normally. This had a very dull, matt look to it. Also one wore quicker than the other.
  13. D

Highly recommend getting VCDS. It is an invaluable tool for this task. Get the 3 vin version and your set. Best $200 you'll spend. https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/ I'd have a look at fuel rail pressure during that cold crank. Auxiliary fuel pump in the engine bay has a habit of...
  14. D

I'll second Moza. I've noticed a string of crappy alternators recently on mk5/6s, especially aftermarket. Even OEM rebuilds are becoming terrible. I've rebuilt my 2014s already and it's only had 78k kms when it started acting goofy. At 108k now and no issues My touareg had an alternator...
  15. D

“Premium” DEF

All DEF is made to the same standards. It's the same whatever your in Europe, North America or Asia. Whether some of those lesser known companies reliability stick to those standards is a different story. Stay to name brands and you'll have no problems. The system monitors def concentration so...
  16. D

There's no VVT solenoid on a CJAA. Cams are non variable. Do you have VCDS?
  17. D

real world EVs review

My wife's boss had a brand new lightning and ended up returning it because it has major issues with it not charging whether it was level 2 or 3. Might have been software but recent production halt seems to point at an underlying issue
  18. D

A Very Strange Coolant Leak...?

I'd schedule it to be repaired soon as possible if I were you. If its leaking through the pump its probably gonna seize, belts going to break. Then it starts getting more expensive. Probably is the pump to block oring but you need to verify first
  19. D

Rad fans running excessively

I'm not saying it's the problem but it's definitely something to look at.
  20. D

Rad fans running excessively

The fans also run when the intercooler runs above a certain temp, blocking it off will cause the temps to rise. I know because I'm running a winter front and I've seen temps of 40+ degrees Celsius intake temps at sub temps.