Search results

1. S

SOLD

Selling a new tire/wheel winter package I bought from an online tire store. My 2013 VW Passat TDI had a heater core failure at 177k before I could use the tires and wheels. They are still packaged for shipping. Can meet within reasonable drive from Manchester NH area, or ship at your cost...
  2. S

Returning to TDI with new Passat

I picked up my 2013 Passat TDI with DSG/Sunroof last night. I am glad to be back in a diesel car. It's been about 5 years since I sold my Jetta TDI. Reflex Silver Metallic with moonrock grey interior. Had to search a bit to find the grey interior, but I like it and hope its cooler than...
  3. S

Just test drove JSW

I liked it. A couple questions for those who own a car with leatherette: How easy is it to clean? I have a 4 year old kid. Is it as tough as leather? Seem like a lot of wind noise from the front, top of the windshield. The car I drove had the big sunroof. Is that noisier than the non...
  4. S

Shipping Seats?

Has anyone shipped Jetta front seats? Whats the best method? UPS, FEDEX?
  5. S

FS: Front seats, 2001 Jetta, Gray Cloth, Cold weather package

Hello all, Having just sold my Jetta to a good home I have it's original gray cloth seats for sale. They are heated seats and in pretty good shape. I cut the connectors off them since the replacement leather seats I put in my Jetta came from a later model car and I used the 2001 connectors...
  6. S

FS: Zerostart Engine block Heater, Circulation Tank Type, 1500w, 120V.

Zerostart Engine block Heater, Circulation Tank Type, 1500w, 120V. I bought it for my TDI, which I just sold, and never installed it. It used to start fine in the cold NH winter, and I have a garage so didn't freeze on the way to work in the morning. There are many write ups on TDIClub on...
  7. S

FS: Genuine VAG-COM USB Cable

I have a VAG-COM Cable for sale. This is a genuine KEY-USB VAG-COM Cable from sensolutions.com that I bought a while ago from TDIClub member JoeHafner. It's marked: KEY-USB Dongle DUAL K, ISO 9141 ADAPTER. Only used a few times since my TDI was so reliable. Will work in A3 and A4 cars. $180...
  8. S

Getting INTO the trunk?

OK, my trunk won't open. It does the usual "whirrr" should, but no "POP" like it used to do before opening. I found some great threads describing how to fix it. My question is this: How do I get inside the dang trunk? Some suggested cranking the key over, but my keys are old and I know...
  9. S

Selling my TDI in NH

Hello Eastern TDIers. I've decided to sell my TDI. All major work was done by HermTDI (from Maine) and the car is in great condition. It has 126K miles on it right now and I've been getting 49MPG on my daily commute. It's a GLS with automatic transmission, cold weather package, sunroof...
  10. S

For Sale: In NH- 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI (49 MPG!), 126,500 miles, $12,000 BRO

For Sale: In NH- 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI (49 MPG!), 126K miles 2001 VW Jetta GLS with TDI Diesel Engine (49 MPG!), 126,500 miles Edited title is not showing up for some reason: Price is $10,000 BRO. More pictures available on request. Selling because I figure now is the time to sell and I...
  11. S

trading TDI for BMW?

I'm thinking of trading my well maintained VW TDI for a well maintained BMW, both with 125K miles. Probably a 528, auto or manual. Anyone have experience with higher mileage BMWs? How do maintenance costs compare, and longevity? I can do oil changes, brake jobs, etc. I'm getting that...
  12. S

Is now the time to sell?

I've been thinking of selling my TDI since sale prices are so high now. Maybe drive a beater for a year or two until the new JSW establishes itself. By then there should be plenty of used 2006s at decent prices and more info on the JSW MPG. Maybe a Honda diesel or Nissan Maxima...
  13. S

Blowing headlights, tail lights, brake lights

Hello all, My 2001 Jetta seems to be going thru tail lights, brakelights and headlights recently. I've had the car for a bit over 2 years and this just started happening. To make matters worse, my wife works 3rd shift, 11PM to 3AM so she gets pulled over by the cops just about every...
  14. S

Mityvac fluid extractor & brake bleed kit?

Hello everyone, I have a Mityvac fluid extractor I use for oil changes and Mityvac sells a Brake bleed kit. Has anyone used the Mityvac Brake Bleed Conversion kit to change their brake fluid? It's about $25 and attaches to the brake bleeder fittings themselves to suction the brake...
  15. S

How to check front bearings, axles?

I have 105K on my Jetta. At 55 mph or so I get a strange harmonic whistle, like when you blow across an empty beer bottle top. How do I check my front wheel bearings or axles? Should I replace the bearings as preventative maint? thanks, Bill
  16. S

troubleshooting pulsating brakes

Last month I did a front break job following the How To from this site. Now I have pulsating brakes. Mostly noticible at low speeds when slowing gradually. Could this be the rear brakes? I had them done 24K ago, and they should be good for a while I think. How do I go about...
  17. S

Help! No start!

I have a leak in one of my fuel return lines. I've been driving my car and am waiting the fuel line to be delivered from TDIParts. Now my car won't start. Is having a bad leak in one of the fuel return lines enough to cause the car to not start? It turns over fine. Just no sound of it...
  18. S

Return line? fuel leak

I have a small diesel leak on the center connector of the diesel fuel injector return line (at least thats what I think it is). I tightened it before, but it is leaking again. When the car is running I can see a small bubble/drip and the fabric hose is wet with diesel. Can I replace the fabric...
  19. S

Leaking fuel return line?

I have a small diesel leak on the center connector of the diesel fuel return line. I tightened it before, but it is leaking again. When the car is running I can see a small bubble/drip and the fabric hose is wet with diesel. Can I replace the fabric hoses? Is there a gasket or something I...
  20. S

Recharging AC

Last summer I noticed my AC was a bit weak. Is this a do it yourself fix, or should I find a good mechanic to recharge and check my AC system?