Search results

1. Holly Money

Help plz - 2005.5 golf electrical issues

Hi all, I am really at my wit's end with my car. I am one breakdown away from selling the thing. I hope someone here can offer me some support. When I am driving, the headlights and dash lights will turn off for a few seconds and the car will beep at me. It will do this a number of times...
  2. Holly Money

"cold start" issues - 2006 golf :(

hello everyone, i have a 2006 golf gls. it is infrequently (but quite often) having troubles with cold start issues. i used the search function to see if anyone else had the same issues but i couldn't find anything that particularly matched my problems. when i say cold start, i mean car...
  3. Holly Money

Ventura County area - suspension guru

Hi all, my 06 golf needs a new set of front lower control arm bushings. I got the part already: http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=292 my local, very trusted mechanic (Concours Motors in Ventura) want to charge me $545 to replace them, and for an alignment. and while i am...
  4. Holly Money

newb question on control arm bushings (06 golf)

hey all, my mechanic has informed me i need a "new set of lower control arm bushings." i went to metal man parts as i got a good deal on my suspension there a while ago. i'm confused on the difference between these two, and which one do i need...
  5. Holly Money

Mk4 squeaky suspension question

My 06 golf had terrible front end suspension from driving down long dirt roads over the years. The front end was drooping like a hounds ears and squeaking the entire ride. I recently got bilstein front struts which stopped the drooping and made the ride feel way way way better. But it's still...
  6. Holly Money

Oil change less than 1,500 miles ago and it is BLACK

Am I going to die ? Car has 180,000ish miles. Why is such a new oil change black? we used 5-40 synthetic, it's been using this the whole time. And I mean BLACK. Blacker than your tv.
  7. Holly Money

Stock stereo question golf gls 06

Hey all. Just got my first tdi less than a week ago and I'm loving it. Had a question about the monsoon stock radio. It has an iPod chord coming from a line in the passenger seat foot area somewhere. It works nicely and plugs into the bottom of an iPod, NOT an aux chord. To use the iPod, I...
  8. Holly Money

Cheap golf I found on CL (ca)

2002 VW Golf TDI 4 door Auto Diesel $3700 http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4023773846.html Has a few problems but for a relatively low mileage car this seems like a steal. Maybe one of you would be interested. This is not my post.
  9. Holly Money

WTB: jetta or 4dr golf (California) mk3 or mk4

Hey guys, I'm trying to find my first tdi- I have been searching every single city in California every single day on Craigslist for over 2 months and really can't find anything. I didn't want to make a thread looking for a car but here I am. Looking for jetta sedan or wagon, or 4 door golf...