Search results

1. bizzle

Which power steering fluid to use

The correct stuff is the same price...
  2. bizzle

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Are these AI bots coming into a 7 year old thread, registering the day of their singular post that advertises a mortgage broker that's completely unrelated to the topic? Mods, seems like it's time to close this thread...
  3. bizzle

Front assist - misalignment - warranty

My situation was with a Touareg and unrelated to this alignment issue.
  4. bizzle

I wouldn't bet on that...in fact, you got off "easy." In my case, the dealership presented a $2,000 dollar bill and VW agreed to comp 80% of it due to all the trouble I'd been through and when I went in to pay the $400 remainder the counter told me the $2,000 bill was the 20%...that the original...
  5. bizzle

Coolant leak

VWoA claims only "their" independent technicians can diagnose a warrantable repair. They are "independent" only in so far as it's convenient. If you raise the issue of independence, as you have here, they no longer are independent and instead wholly subsidiaries of VWoA. If you want to file a...
  6. bizzle

Coolant leak

Looking back it seems it was covered under the original powertrain. But it wasn't really covered, it was a huge PITA. My Touareg still eats oil now while it didn't before. Better off not having a warranty, imo. At least you can get it fixed by someone or yourself correctly.
  7. bizzle

Coolant leak

Oil cooler leak should be covered under dieselgate.
  8. bizzle

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

Unfortunately, the only person in this thread who got any action was Jase and he never came back to give us an update so we don't even know if it's resolved.
  9. bizzle

ProfBrown's 2015 GSW TDI Build

Most, if not all, tuners will update your tune if you buy hardware from them.
  10. bizzle

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

The issue I encountered was the VW technicians classified this as normal noise so there was no warranty issue to resolve.
  11. bizzle

Am I crazy

Thanks for this info. If it's still sitting up in there does one need to pull it out and replace or just leave it well enough alone? I've got a 2013 Touareg that has an 8 speed aisin, which will or won't have this issue? I'm looking at a 2016 A6 that sounds like it would have this issue? One...
  12. bizzle

*3 bottles for a full flush
  13. bizzle

I just get the set from IDParts and I generally buy all four corners (pads and rotors) at once regardless of the wear.
  14. bizzle

I understand the nature of the failure better now :) The phrase of it being "like a wheel alignment" is an example to demonstrate it's a mechanical adjustment that can/is misaligned through use rather than system failure. So in the same way that you driving down the road while never hitting...
  15. bizzle

3.0 Fuel Line Covered Under Warranty

Yes, no cost to discuss this situation with the class attorneys. They have already been compensated to represent us in regards to settlement warranty coverage. It's not a "consultation" in the way you might be thinking. They already represent us so they need to be informed of these kinds of...
  16. bizzle

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Thanks for that. As I suspected, the closest authorized shops are about 100 miles away. Do you know if the authorized shops give loaners out when a vehicle is brought in for repair? When I need a substantial repair from VW, and I want to risk the dealership's hands on my vehicle, I have to...
  17. bizzle

The whole thing about them sending a part number in and getting a response from VWoA's warranty team seems to be standard operating procedure based on my similar experience. That said, how the dealership defines the failure plays some role in it. VWoA and their dealerships seem to be trying to...
  18. bizzle

Yes, that’s the original firm and they are tasked with representing us in situations like this. What you do before calling them depends on your tolerance for BS and how long you want to chase your tail. VW has already shown their hand to you. I waited two months, which was two months too long.