Search results

1. B

2013 threw code P026A

I think we are the only ones who have experienced this issue... So far.
  2. B

2013 threw code P026A

Same codes as mine. Good luck.
  3. B

My original VW windshield wiper blades out lasted:

On Sunday, I came inside from messing with my Passat and my wife asked me what I was doing. I said, I just changed out the wiper blades on the car. Can you believe those blades lasted 55,000 miles over 1.5 years, I said. She looked at me and said, you mean to tell me your wiper blades lasted...
  4. B

2013 threw code P026A

The dealership seemed to indicate the two were independent of each other. I asked them to clairify and they stated the following: In this text they are saying the faulty sensor is called the altitude change air pressure sensor. I'm assuming this is the 'official' name of the sensor because...
  5. B

2013 threw code P026A

Ultimately, the problem appeared to be the boost pressure sensor. I had a local garage who believed it was an air temp sensor, though before we could trouble shoot it, a deer ran into the side of my car. The car sat in the body shop for the entire month of January. A week or so after getting...
  6. B

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

I had a turbo failure last week in my 2013 6 speed passat. I experienced the flashing glow plug and check engine light and pulled the code saying it was the mass air flow sensor (scangauge - code P0101). Cleaned it and put it back together and it drove fine for a few days. Went out one morning...
  7. B

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 55,131 Build date: 4/2013 Corrective actions from dealership: Replaced boost pressure sensor, turbo, DPF, oil pump, oil line, oil and filter. Dealer commented the turbo was covered in oil and the shaft had play. Turbo was intact. Outside air temps at failure: 5 degrees...
  8. B

2013 threw code P026A

Threw two new codes tonight: P0111 and the later P0101 plus continued to show P026A. I noticed the EGT performed as normal during warm up and then after warm up the EGT froze at 212 degrees. I'll take it to the shop on Monday
  9. B

2013 threw code P026A

thanks. I'll see if I can troubleshoot this.
  10. B

2013 threw code P026A

Okay, thanks. I'm assuming it's a sensor. The car is operating fine and I haven't notice any unusual temperatures (I monitor water temp and EGT1). Is there a separate pump to circulate the coolant through the intercooler?
  11. B

2013 threw code P026A

No modifications have been made to the engine or to the stock air flow. Do you know if one can monitor the intake air temperature sensor with a Scan Gauge?
  12. B

2013 threw code P026A

My Passat threw code P026A on Friday morning. It was in the mid 20's that morning. Did a search on the forum and found it could indicate ice formation in the intercooler. By the end of the day, it was well above freezing and took it to my mechanic. We checked for loose connections and...
  13. B

Real World MPG - 6 speed Manual

On my 7/29/14 fill, it said I had 5 miles to go. I always fill till the fuel is sitting at the top of the fill tube. There must be about a gallon left when you hit zero. I have put 18.7 gal in before. I usually only get about 17.5 gallons, though I pushed this tank to hit 1000 miles.
  14. B

Real World MPG - 6 speed Manual

Just hit my first 1000+ tank! Date 7/29/2014 Miles 1026 Gallons 18.12 Model Year 2013 Transmission 6M MPG: 56.62 (MFD read 58.9) A mix of Interstate and back rual roads.
  15. B

heater blower dead

Don't know for mine was done under warranty (33,570 miles). Part number was 561-820-015-A, if that helps anyone.
  16. B

heater blower dead

Add me to the list. Blower mysteriously stopped working. Fuses check out thus took it in for service; replaced blower motor.
  17. B

Noisy Clutch Pedal

My clutch pedal makes a clicking noise too, then I realized it only happened when I was wearing my tennis shoes. My clicking noise was coming from the tread on my shoes sliding off the clutch pedal. No tennis shoes, no click. :-)
  18. B

WeatherTech floor liners from floormatsnmore

I have the weathertech front floor liners in my 2013 SE manual. I have no problems with the liners interferring with the clutch pedal. I have not trimmed anything; they fit fine.