Search results

1. S

FS: 2003 Jetta TDI Sedan - 276k miles

And sold. Thanks all!
  2. S

Sale pending (this has to be a record...).
  3. S

Sold! And as promised... In the grand tradition of offering TDI Club people first crack at vehicles, I offer a 2003 Jetta TDI GLS with 276k miles. This is the same vehicle I bought back in 2008 from ecodean. I am the third owner based on the CarFax I got at the time of purchase. I work for an...
  4. S

Question fro Tdi Guru's Coolant temp 72.6 degrees Ceilcius

Yep. ~72 C temps (160ish F) indicate a stuck open thermostat. Replacing mine got it up to the proper temp. ~1hr job.
  5. S

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

Which type? I can't find the Allied one anywhere?
  6. S

Any Club Members in W. Michigan?

There is Kirk over in Rock...Cedar...west of ya ;) And there is Martin Bergell down in Fowlerville. Kirk seems to be easier to get a hold of. Both do great work. SP
  7. S

Using filters to contain HFPF failures?

I've always either asked the questions others are afraid to ask or ask really dumb ones. Rarely do I get offended :D
  8. S

Using filters to contain HFPF failures?

Ok, I'll ask the next stupid question: Is the new setup going to be tested with an induced failure? In other words, will someone be putting RUG into the tank or some other method known to cause the low pressure side to spall and determine the efficacy of the setup? I know it won't be a cheap...
  9. S

VW CrossBlue Diesel Hybrid concept introduced at NAIAS

Personal thoughts after seeing it in person: -It's much more rounded than the Flex (that was my first reaction too). -Interior is along the lines of the European interiors versus the new spartan US interiors. -I still don't think they would produce a diesel electric hybrid version of this (I...
  10. S

VW CrossBlue Diesel Hybrid concept introduced at NAIAS

Autoblog.com Where the heck did this thing come from? -2.0 TDI -Three rows -89mpge -35mpg combined -39mpg hwy Designed for the NA market. I fully expect it not to happen or cost $80,000.
  11. S

Normal for Low Engine Operating Temp?

Sensor appears to be fine as the ScanGauge shows the temperature fine with no jitter/jumps. The dash gauge intermittently just drops to zero and stays there until it feels like showing the right range again. I've read here there are two signals for the temperature but due to having the...
  12. S

Normal for Low Engine Operating Temp?

I would agree the simplest way to troubleshoot is to feel the heat coming out of the vents. If it doesn't feel really hot at all after 15 minutes, you have a bad thermostat. Second simplest way is to take a coolant reading out of the bottle with a thermometer (infrared or standard). That...
  13. S

What fuel to use? #1, #5, B5???

Been there and done that with a 7.3l powerstroke. Filled up in southern Missouri in December (air temp ~60F). Ended up in Saginaw, MI with less than a quarter tank (air temp ~10F). I was glad I got the block heater option for $35 though I was told it was a waste of money living in the south. It...
  14. S

Fun in ice and snow

Ultimately, you are the pilot in command it sounds like you made the right call. I-40 between LR and Memphis on a good day is a drag strip with truckers acting as rolling road blocks. Sounds like the truckers took the snow day off. Eat some Tops BBQ for me ;)
  15. S

Fun in ice and snow

I am glad you made it safely. However I think luck was one your side. There isn't anything special about the Passat in terms of traction and/or tires. I've seen plenty of NMS passats around here (4) in the ditch or spun off on the side of the road. It's all about the driver and not doing stupid...
  16. S

5 tire rotation. Is it acceptable, adviseable, or avoidable?

For most cars, I do the 4 tire rotation based on the tire specs/manual recommendations. It's almost not worth it due to the hassle and nominally, the fact that #5 is not a full size spare/doesn't match the other 4. For my Jeep, I do the 5 tire rotation as it takes almost no time to take the...
  17. S

Chrysler and Jeep diesels coming

Surprised I haven't seen this posted here. Chrysler to launch ecodiesel badge for clean diesel range 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (launched March 2013) 2013 Dodge Durango (launched March 2013) 2014 Chrysler 300 (launched late 2013) All mated to the new ZF 8-speed auto. The preliminary...
  18. S

right pull fixed!

First, glad you are ok. Second, I would love to hear their logic on how, you, a lone individual in the middle of a fog bank AND in the middle of the pileup, caused this accident. I am waiting with bated breath. I would love to hear the tortured logic they have come up with. "Oh, you were able...
  19. S

Buying a SE 6M vs SEL Premium

I am seriously looking at the SEL Premium. Provided the vehicle lasts long enough to require a tranny replacement, I can swap to the manual at that time. I figure I can enjoy the rest of the features until that happens. Then I can continue to enjoy those features once the tranny is replaced.
  20. S

Lower the rear windows ALL the way?

The charger and 300 would also disagree with Loki...