Search results

1. 4vdubs

Ross-Tech Key-USB for Sale

Ross-Tech KEY-USB Dual-K Vag-Com dongle Interface KC103568 Rev. B Serial Number 1003568 : 0F5030 Rev 2.1 $150 Shipped in Continental US firm. Sold my 03 Jetta and no longer need it.
  2. 4vdubs

FS: 2003 Jetta 5-speed

---SOLD--- 2003 Jetta 5-speed ---SOLD--- (OBO added 2/2/15) For Sale $3,800 (Or best offer) 2003 VW Jetta TDI 260,000 miles on car, 240,000 on the engine, 5-speed Fuel Mileage: 44-46 around town, 50-54 on the highway Don't let the miles fool you, this is a very strong, sound car that...
  3. 4vdubs

Low boost issue

I am having a low boost issue. Car Mods: VNT17 PP520 No EGR 5-speed RC3 On a 3rd gear hard pull, I see 15lbs of boost and lots of smoke. In the past I would see 21-22 with RC3 The N75 appears to work correctly (18 ohms) Turbo and actuator are new. Can't find a vacuum leak anywhere. If I...
  4. 4vdubs

2006 Beetle TDI DSG, North Carolina

2006 Beetle TDI Automatic, 1-owner, North Carolina For Sale: $8,550 One owner car 2006 VW Beetle TDI with Automatic transmission 106,000 miles Timing Belt replaced at 90,000 miles (by VW Specialties in Weaverville NC). Tires 80% remaining Sliding Sunroof Leather Seats AC works great Very...
  5. 4vdubs

01M trans from an 2003 Jetta

01M trans from a 2003 Jetta I have a 2003 01M auto trans and torque converter for sale. Both were working when removed at 205,000 miles. I would occasionally have an issue with the torque converter not locking-up when I had been driving on a road where the trans had to do a lot of shifting...
  6. 4vdubs

O1M Transmission from a 2003 Jetta

O1M Transmission from a 2003 Jetta, $350 OBO. 205,000 on it when it was removed for a 5-speed swap. The trans was still working when it was removed. Occasionally the TC would not lock. This only seemed to happened when driving on roads that required a lot of shifting. This would be a great...
  7. 4vdubs

WTB - OE Black carpet drivers side floor mat

WTB: Black OE carpet driver's side floor mat in good condition. For an MK4 Jetta.
  8. 4vdubs

Feeler: Shine Real Street Springs

My wife is now driving the (2003 A4) Jetta and wants to go back to the stock springs. Also I'm no longer autocrossing this car (Miata for autocross now :)) $200 firm + Shipping cost. PM if interested.
  9. 4vdubs

Possible TDI Autocross weekend

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=7968&psmode=3&psrnd =.2746288796336164719540379038245698078 The link above is for the NCAC (North Carolina Autocross Championship) in Danville VA. This is a two day event August 25th and 26th and all are welcome. This could...
  10. 4vdubs

Car Dead, Yekes!

I was at an autocross today, drove there, started and drove the car around the parking lot after changing tires. After an hour I tried to start the car to make my runs and it would not start. The engine would turn over but I never got a glow plug light. I spoke with Jeff (RC) and was able to...
  11. 4vdubs

Fuel Pump Leak

I have a fuel pump leak on the engine side of the pump. What can I do about this? The leak is small but enough to smell in the car. The fuel is leaking from the circled area and pools at the bottom of the yellow paint. Thanks for any advice.
  12. 4vdubs

Auto trans issue

Sunday I was driving thought the mountains of West Virginia. After about 45 min of spirited driving up and down several twisty mountains I found that my torque converter would no longer lock-up. Everything else about the Trans seemed fine. I managed to get to the ski slope fine, just with an...
  13. 4vdubs

Need help in Asbury Park NJ

My wife is in Asbury Park at her father's house and has my TDI there. It seems the brake switch is malfunctioning and not activating the shift lock solenoid. The problem comes and goes. Where is a god place she can take the car to get this fixed? She is due to drive back to NC on...
  14. 4vdubs

Why hide your license plate?

When people post pictures of their cars on this site, most hide their license plates. Why is this? We drive our cars every day with our plates showing. What are we afraid of? Is there some internet license plate conspiracy out there or something I'm missing?
  15. 4vdubs

Autocross

I'm starting this thread for those of us who are competing in autocross as well as for those who are just interested in learning more about the sport. Lately TDI's have been doing quite well at some local autocrosses around the country. Here is the thread that prompted this autocross thread...
  16. 4vdubs

Autocross with my TDI

I just ran my first autocross in 12 years and the first with my TDI. What a blast! I ran in the FSP class and placed 2nd to a Toyota Celica with race rubber. PAX rating was 49th out of 79 cars. Can't wait for the rest of the season!
  17. 4vdubs

Peloquin 80% Kit on Automatic?

Does anyone have any experience with the Peloquin 80% kit on an automatic or standard TDI? They do not have an actual LSD for the automatic trans but Gary of Peloquin says the 80% kit will work. I plan on autocrossing this year and would like to have the extra traction out of the corners if...
  18. 4vdubs

Help w/Brake pad wear light

My brake wear light is on but there is still plenty of pad left. Is there a way to turn this light off with Vag-Com? I have searched but not found the solution. Any help would be most appreciated. Scott
  19. 4vdubs

GLI Vr6 Springs

I have the opportunity to pick-up a set of VR6 GLI springs, what will these be like on a 2003 Jetta TDI? 1) Ride height? 2) Stiffness? 3) Handling? Thanks!
  20. 4vdubs

Interest in Asheville NC GTG?

Any one interested in an Asheville NC GTG? Perhaps in April or May? I have no agenda other then meeting other tdi club members. Maybe it could turn into more (chipping, maintenance, tour blueridge bio fuels facility etc...?) Scott