Search results

1. hutchman

Diesel shortage.

Last news blurb I heard ... diesel supply is like 24 days left. I feel sorry for folks that use home heating oil. Gonna be interesting this year.
  2. hutchman

ALH warm-up time: EGR cooler vs. Deleted EGR...

It's not a huge difference but it does take just a bit more time to warm up an ALH without the cooler. That's been my experience.
  3. hutchman

06 BRM JETTA's - High Mileage (200k+) Post it!

06 manual. 215K. Replaced Clutch/SMF @90K. Franks cam @204K
  4. hutchman

FS 2006 Beetle convertible in Forest/Lynchburg, Virginia

Thanks for the heads up. I guess when he changed the price the link changed. Here is the new link: http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto/1975509296.html He changed the price to $15,500.
  5. hutchman

The owner changed the craigslist add to $15,500. I ran the options on Edmunds true market private sale price for our area and it was just shy of $16k (I think blue book was over $16k) so I think his new price is more in line.
  6. hutchman

I posted this with my phone and it embedded some of our email system stuff in the URL of the OP. Tried to edit it but hopefully this link works: http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto/1946680422.html Edit * this link is now dead __________________
  7. hutchman

FS 2006 Beetle convertible (5K mikes!) in Forest/Lynchburg, Virginia This isn't at TDI but I thought there might be someone here that might be interested or know somone that would be .... my colleague at work is trying to sell his Mom's super low mileage (like under 5k miles!) 2006 convertible...
  8. hutchman

Official IMPEX food/beverage thread

You mean here: Bertucci's Brick Oven Restaurant - www.bertuccis.com 1818 York Road, Timonium - (410) 561-7000
  9. hutchman

Official IMPEX food/beverage thread

Is the water to wash off the Brats Tomo drops or does vulgar things with :D
  10. hutchman

New 1 Micron 100% Sythetic Microglass Fuel Filter

If he can't I'll test on my A5 :D
  11. hutchman

Walmart to quit selling big bottles of PowerService!

I don't usually worry about the water. I mostly get it for the cetane boost and the lube since the Govt. keeps killing the sulphur in the fuel and screwing with the fuel formulations which can make the seals in the fuel pump contract (aka leak) so it is cheap insurance. Probably not a problem...
  12. hutchman

March Special: 17/22 Hybrid Turbo Kits

I drove the "Parts Missile" at a TDIFest to test the Koni FSD ... it is a sweet ride for sure! I want to drive the Red Golf next :D
  13. hutchman

March Special: 17/22 Hybrid Turbo Kits

Mr. Chill (Chris Hill) gave a class on it at the 2006 TDI Fest. His ride had the TT control arms in the front. Looks kind of funny because it makes the front end sit up some. If I remember, the TT control arms put the suspension at a level state. The MK IV (A4) chasis control arms are not...
  14. hutchman

Walmart to quit selling big bottles of PowerService!

I was just at my local Walmart and noticed the big bottles (treats 250 gallons) had a red sticker and was marked down to $9.00! A employee walked by and I asked them if the red sticker meant they were going to quit selling it to which he replied "Yep!". Looks like they will still carry the...
  15. hutchman

What to pay for an 06 Jetta TDI with 144k??

I would ask if the clutch has been repalced (the dual mass flywheels had problems on some early builds). I would also take it to a independent shop or TDI guru and have the cam inspected. If it is something you really want, then base your offer off what you find out from the above two items...
  16. hutchman

Dieselgeek Bypass Kit gets exciting updates!

I know you mentioned BEW but just for reference ... my ALH has the big oil cooler/heat exchanger and the Amsoil filter sits on top OK. I just had to split the coolant hoses with a razor where they are joined together with the thin web in between. I don't let the Amsoil filter push all the way...
  17. hutchman

Any BRM's make it past the 100K mile mark?

I have ALH & BRM. I buy 6L for each and use about 5.5 (I have BP on both). If I don't change the BP, I use about 4.5L and change the OEM filter.
  18. hutchman

Very nice! I about squirted milk out my nose! :D
  19. hutchman

This site is way better than cable! :D
  20. hutchman

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

On the quick inspection I did ... I did see one lifter (the right most one) that caught my eye. It looked like it had scratches or cuts radiating out from the center toward the edges. I found something I could get in there and rub on the top as kind of a feeler gauge but it felt smooth. Like...