Search results

1. J

Filtering out Dieselgate noise

Mods, would it be possible to add an option to new posts function to allow folks to see new posts while filtering out the dieselgate noise? While there are a couple with real info the overwhelming majority are just noise and detract from the greatness of the site
  2. J

BRM PD Starts but wont run, no check engine or any other guages

Having trouble with my 2006 PD BRM Car sat for a month, ran great previously Turn key, no glow plug light, no guages, no check engine light etc Car turns over and begins to start but wont continue to run Appears to clearly be electrical but so far I cant find a bad fuse Any...
  3. J

Highest Mileage EA288's?

Ok, who's got the most miles on an EA288 so far Would also love to hear of any major mechanical/drivetrain issues Mines got less than 5k on it so far
  4. J

Anyone have any experiences with ErWin wrt MkVII's yet?

Anyone have any experiences with erwin yet for download of documentation/repair info for their MkVii yet?
  5. J

Would you purchase a TDI Post-Dieselgate

Just wondering how many people here would purchase a new/used CR TDI today post "Dieselgate" Please indicate if you've had previous TDI's or if current is your first This isnt my first rodeo with VW diesels and recently doubled down on a 2015 GSW Love the car and Dieselgate didnt make me...
  6. J

Traction Control Disable

Anyone looked into a way of adding a disable for traction control on their MkVII? I know the option exists in the configuration/computer.....just needs a little extra wiring/etc to enable it Apparently they are reintroducing it on the 2016....when its released
  7. J

MkV BRM PD Injector Rebuild?

Getting to the point where I suspect it might be time to have my BRM/PD injectors rebuilt Couldnt find anyone in a quick search that offers the service Any help would be appreciated
  8. J

A5 Jetta Front Wheel Bearing Removal Issues...need advice

Could use a sanity check from folks here. After being overjoyed at being able to get the caliper, rotor, axle nut and popped the axle out the back so I can access the WB bolts without issue the corrosion gods have ***** slapped me good. The front wheel bearing on the A5 is secured from the...
  9. J

Peter and ID Parts. I Cannot say enough good things about this vendor!

http://idparts.com I just cannot say enough good things about Peter and IDParts. Great customer service, fast to pack and ship and they are always on the ball. Tx again Peter. -J
  10. J

Rear Brake Lights out (ones on trunk). Need help

I have 2 brake lights out on the trunk and seems to be getting no power to them. The brake lights on the outside come on when you hit the brakes as they should. VAGCOM confirms that the bulbs are out. Replacement bulbs are not the solution and I've checked for bad fuses. Any help would be...
  11. J

A5 Jetta Airbag Code from VAG COM Help

Airbag is throwing a code as per below. Can anyone offer insight/help? As far as I can tell there are three side airbags on the passenger side. 1 above right rear passenger hear 1 in the center pillar above f seatbelt pulley 1 above front passenger head Is there an ignitor for each bag or...
  12. J

Trouble changing A5 Jetta Fuel Filter...please help

Folks, I have a first half 2006 TDI Jetta that I'm having a little trouble replacing the fuel filter on. Obviously the cover comes off piece of cake but the filter itself is highly resistant to coming out of the canister. There also appears to be a top portion to the filter that has the old...
  13. J

Trailering an A5 Jetta on a dolly?

Trailering an A5 Jetta on a dolly? Anyone here ever tow an A5 on a tow dolly? Any issues?
  14. J

WTB Stock 16" MKV Jetta Rims w/ or w/o tires

WTB Stock 16" MKV Jetta Rims w/ or w/o tires Preferably in the Baltimore/DC Area or up in Concord NH Area next month. PM Me.
  15. J

German Total Cost of Ownership Study on Gasoline vs. Diesel; Estimates for the US Mar

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/11/german_total_co.html German Total Cost of Ownership Study on Gasoline vs. Diesel; Estimates for the US Market ....... This suggests US consumers can reasonably expect the upcoming clean diesel options to reduce total cost of ownership by perhaps 7-10%...
  16. J

Thoughts on Mk1 GTI Conversion to TDI?

Folks, I stumbled onto a Mk1 GTI that has been sitting for many years. Can get it really cheap and was thinking it might be a good candidate for a diesel engine. Any thoughts/experiences? Best engine to drop in there? Will a TDI fit in it?
  17. J

Peaches to Fuel

Ga. Peaches touted as future fuel source http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060804/ap_on_bi_ge/farm_scene;_ylt=Apn5MrBHdtTbXRhy_6FvN.6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MzV0MTdmBHNlYwM3NTM- TIFTON, Ga. - Part-time farmer Jimmy Griner hopes his ever-so-fragrant, crystal-clear, 180-proof moonshine can help...
  18. J

2006 Fuel Prices. When will it hit $5.00/Gal

Ok folks, lets have a few friendly predictions on when fuel will hit $5.00/Gal My prediction is as follows: RUG: Last week of August Diesel: Last week of October
  19. J

ULSD has arrived in Annapolis MD

ULSD has arrived in Annapolis MD Can be found at Citgo on West Street.....same Citgo that advertises E85 Spoke with the owner about carrying B5 but he doesn't have any room/tanks.
  20. J

Bio from Algea/Algae - like a breath mint for smokestacks

Algae - like a breath mint for smokestacks http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0111/p01s03-sten.html?s=widep By Mark Clayton | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor BOSTON – Isaac Berzin is a big fan of algae. The tiny, single-celled plant, he says, could transform the world's energy...