Search results

1. S

Software update for tdi

At dealer today and salesman said he heard that software updates should be out in 2 weeks. Take with grain of salt.
  2. S

2013Passat SEL funny noise under dash?

When you get in the car and sometimes when you shut it down,, you hear a noise under the dash that sounds like a damper closing or selonoid shutting something. With the keyless system, you dont know if its the anti shudder valve moving early or what. Any ideals on the noise?????? The...
  3. S

40k-Should I replace my blinker fluids

Ok,, coming up on 40,000 miles on my 2010, should I have the dealer change the blinker fluids? Is synthetic blinker fluid really necessary? I would do it myself but my miti-vac sucks and I dont want to take a chance of getting any fluid on the paint. Suggestions appreciated.
  4. S

mantaining your car per the experts

May, 1925 Batteries supply an enormous annual list of unnecessary casualties. A good storage, battery on a car that is run regularly ought to last for years. Few of them do, however. Not a week ago I replaced a $25 battery that was only a year old. Never once had the owner put distilled...
  5. S

2006 Blue Jetta TDI DSG for sale

Driven on hyway San Antonio to Dallas and back each week. Older drivers, all dealer maintainance records in glove box. No leather, no navigation, no buttons on steering wheel, otherwise everything else. 6 cd player monsoon, sunroof, alloys, ac, pwr everyhthing, currently getting 44 mpg...
  6. S

2006 Blue Jetta dsg

Mediumly well equipped. No leather, no navigation, or deluxe dash display, but everything else. I drive between Dallas and San Antonio every week so miles changes weekly but have around 85,000 on it now. I looking to get Kelly BB for this car as its in great shape, all hyway and still on its...
  7. S

Synthetic Blinker Fluid

As its starting to get cold in S. Tx, and I have noticed my blinkers, especially the left one is slowing down, I realize that I have missed my fluid change interval. Does anyone know where to get Dot 5.1 synthetic blinker fluid.. I want to run the 5.1 as it has removed the silicone that...
  8. S

WTB 16 or 17" take offs.. Dallas/San Antonio Area

Nd a spare set.. Looking for something that fits a 2013 Passat or 2009 Jetta. Steels or alloy, and Michelins are even better.. email weardleyATswbellDOTcom.... remove and replace the @ and . for anti spam email.. thanks.. Bill
  9. S

trade new vw 17in alloys with conti for 16"

bought a new 09 tdi with 17inch alloys and conti tires this week for my wife... would like to trade for new 16inch alloys with contis or michelins... so far they have 500 miles on them. They also have the air pressure sensors so I need to pull them or swap them... I'm not a fan of 17inch...
  10. S

2001 Jetta gls TDI Mettalic Green

San Antonio, Texas Time to get a new one. My gently used Jetta is for sale. This car has alloys and steel wheels, both with michilin tires, a phatt box mp3 in the trunk and a cd player with monsoon radio and moon roof. Car has 89000 miles on it, I just got 49.123 mpg driving to Dallas and...
  11. S

wtb 4x100 rims for 96 passat

my son hit a curb and trashed his rims.. looking for a set of 4/100 rims in 14" for 97 passat.. zip is 78101 in texas.. email me if you have some.. thanks bill weardleyATswbellDOTnet .. modify the email address to prevent spam..
  12. S

toilet paper filter questions

ok, so i'm at a swap fest and see a Franz bypass filter laying in a pile of junk.. i pick it up and say, gosh, i need something for restoring an oid tractor,, and the guy says,, 5 bucks and its yours... so now with my chrome plated simi new bypass..... what brands of filter elements are...
  13. S

WTB: 4hole alloys for 96 passat

please send pictures.
  14. S

FS: 96-97 factory premium am/fm cassette

have premium sound system out of a 97 passat.. any offers before it goes to ebay? thanks bill
  15. S

where does factory cd player go in 96-97 passat?

ok,, so i found a cd player, it works but where the heck does it go, so as to try to make it as close to factory installation as possible. thanks Bill... in wifes '96 passat
  16. S

vw 505

while doing reseach on oils, i can find nothing in english on the "vw 505" spec... i can find the "acea" b3 and b4 specs but thats it.. anyone have anything more to share?? thanks bill
  17. S

96 passat tdi obd II location?

have a cel light but cant find the dern obd II plug. Where the heck is the obd II plug?? any ideals? is it the same type of plug as the new style??do i have to remove a panel or something?? I would like to try to diag it. Car is running ok and getting about 42 to 43 mpg... Did the flex...
  18. S

96 passat tdi questions

Found a 96 passat tdi with 89000 miles.. car does not drive like my 2k jetta but does fairly good. noticed an exhaust buzz or resonance from what sounded like the left rear.. car also has cel light on.. instument panel has fading digits when hot, and a few outside door handles need replacing...
  19. S

running a little bit warm - should I worry?

a tiny bit past middle..no,, dont worry.. but as Mickey says,, check the coolant tank and levels,,make sure the radiator isnt blocked to make sure that you not seeing a problem start.. 3/4 and i would be doing serious looking.... a tiny bit over.. ... no sweat.. good luck.... Bill
  20. S

Detroit Diesel Power Guard Oil-Who Supplies It?

devac 1300 is sold at most walmarts around here for $5.88 a gallon.. its an excellent group III product that is fully recommended for 10k drains and is very close in all performance specs as the fully synthectic delvac 1..