Search results

1. S

Goodbye...parting is such sweet sorrow

Turned in today, Goodbye sweet prince. Took 15 mins from start to stop. In the last year and half I managed to extract an additional $10k using the car on Uber. Payout today was $26k. Was a great run. This forum was a great place from purchase to the end, good luck to the last of the hold outs.
  2. S

Goodbye...parting is such sweet sorrow

Rewarded them by buying a hugely discounted 16 TDI A7... big thanks to them would never have purchased if not for the buyback and discount. What a fine piece of equipment .
  3. S

3.0 TDI gen 2 PC group post-fix impressions

Not sure on the used cars it’s not a fresh 110k miles from fix date, I may be wrong. There’s another calculation on warranty for those. Q7 is nice but with the new body style I can’t look at the older ones the same. The new are pretty dang nice but sadly no TDI.
  4. S

First impression of a fixed 3.0L TDI Gen 2

Fixed A7, don’t know how it felt before but I notice 0 issues while driving. Amazing vehicle, great purchase.
  5. S

Current buy back timeline?

About 2 weeks start to finish on paperwork.... just now need to set appointment. Looking at Movember as of now.
  6. S

Just a little math

Yep just a note , submitted all docs last week took 3 -4 days to approve. Now just need to notarize and submit . I put the date down for November.
  7. S

Just a little math

This is a good point and I think in the end will sell it back. The wife got her new Audi TDI vehicle, my other Uber vehicle is over 100k miles and the cost per mile depreciation wise may be even cheaper on that car despite the gas mileage costing more. Rolling the VW until Oct/ Nov though.
  8. S

Just a little math

Great numbers, dont make me rethink this again. Only at 60k on our 13, I’ve also extracted $9k using it on Uber the last 1.5 yrs part time at a little over $1 mile net. If I get it up to your mileage that’s a big $ profit ;) .... only thing is if i modify I am choosing to pay $18k roughly to...
  9. S

Never sold 0 milage dealership 2016 tdi's. Anybody trying to buy one?

Paid $60 k on $80k sticker A7 prestige, do not think they would have done any more. Hard to believe they will sell the cars below what I got but could be possible. I almost think they would rather not sell the cars then let them go at absolute rock bottom prices. Good luck, and be careful the...
  10. S

I am Fu** , HPFP dead

What’s the warranty on this major part that can fail before turn in? I’m at 58k on a 2013 .... is this covered under a warranty ? I’m trying to Hold on until Nov
  11. S

Will the Glow Plug System light being on affect my buyback for Audi A3 TDI?

25% off our 3.0 2 years old yes , but I’d never buy a $80k car.... $60k , nope.... $60k for an $80 k car and I’m getting a nice $25k for my older that’s paid off.... ok now I can bite.
  12. S

Paralyzed and Agonizing: Buyback vs Fix 2013 TDI JSW

Ohhh the road noise on the Passat. On some roads it’s almost deafening really. I will be saying bye close to December for sure.
  13. S

2014 Audi A8 TDI, post emission fix

No, there’s plenty of vehicles out there worse for the environment ... drive away to your hearts desire....
  14. S

Amen on low mileage TDI users. We have not even put 60k on ours after 5 years.. and yes we replaced it with a TDI. I will give it back at year end, the driving experience is what I liked the most. It gives a nice change up from our other vehicle (toyota hybrid).
  15. S

Yep we have a 13 Passat we will eventually sell back, just renewed the tabs for $300+ to use it until the deadline. You can sell it back, buy a 15 SEL and still have a few $k to keep after. I have been in the fence also about keeping it but the buyback is just too good to be true. I also have...
  16. S

what did you buy after the buy back

This ...we got the A7....can’t imagine risking new car and emissions warranty.
  17. S

Warranty on new 2016 3.0 TDI

Thanks for the update, we are loving our A7.... no regrets. Cheers to a long diesel life.
  18. S

If you find out otherwise I will cover my ears and just go by what 1) My dealer told me 2) the manual that was included in the car at purchase 3) what I decipher from reading above, and the theory that they can’t treat cars sold as new differently.... they all received the “fix” that presents...
  19. S

3.0 Q7 Wrecked/ Possibly Totaled

Good luck, this is the risk of holding on to the car and using it more before selling back. We still have our passat that will be sold back in Sept or so and I know this is a possibility. Worse case scenario, Insurance totals the car and you get the restitution amount owed. Combined those will...
  20. S

Here is some print. Look at dates of ownership, even notes acquiring up until December of 2019.... why would that be included? Reading the attached, and what my dealer said I think we are covered.