Search results

1. K

3.0 cata failed engine

I have a 2012 q7 tdi at the Audi dealer with 113,500 miles with a engine failure. I took the car there with a bad fuel knock on passenger bank. Tech said it was a cracked/leaking exhaust manifold. Replaced/repaired and noise still there on startup. a weak goes by. Tech then tells me Audi said...
  2. K

2004 beetle tdi potential overheat issue

my 04 bew may possibly be running hot. Scangauge shows 245 degrees f while cruising. I measured the head with a point and shoot and it is 175 degrees. Water outlet where temp sensor is located shows 208 degrees. top radiator hose shows 155 degrees block shows 202 degrees. Here is what i...
  3. K

2000 beetle speedo issue

I am working on a 2000 vw beetle for a customer. Speedo only goes to 40mph and then stops. There is a code p1654 on vagcom. Which everything I see is that code covers a multitude of issues. Car is not a tdi. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
  4. K

O2e dsg cap

Anyone know if the 2005 beetle 02e dsg cap is the same as all the others. I am wanting the billet finned cap and no company that makes it even knew there was a dsg available in a mk4. They all have listed 2006 and newer. I know the filter numbers are the same. But can’t find anything on stock...
  5. K

2006 tdi beetle with busted dogbone

2006 5speed tdi beetle I recently acquired had a busted dog bone mount, guessing they hit something. Anyways where the mount bolts to the 5 speed trans the threads cracked and a piece broke off the trans case. There trans is not leaking. Has anyone ever repaired damage like this without a new trans?
  6. K

2005 tdi won’t start

2005 beetle tdi didn’t start this morning figured it was a week battery. Charged it and cam home now just spins over. No check engine lights at the moment. I drove car Wednesday night. Thursday morning won’t start It turns over, can feel the tandem pump pumping. Has full tank of diesel. Glow...
  7. K

Is it possible for compression to leak past injectors?

2005 pd tdi having pressure in the fuel system. Fuel is clean and no air going into tandem pump. Fuel is full of air coming out of tandem pump. I can pinch line and it will grow twice it’s size on return. Has anyone ever needed to reseal injectors? I have heard of trucks doing this. Tdi...
  8. K

Tdi pd foaming fuel issue

2005 bew tdi. Has no air bubles from filter to tandem pump. When fuel is returned from tandem pump it is foaming and full of air bubles. I have Tyson line so I can see it. Is their a possibility that compression is going past my injector and doing this? All fuel lines are new, also there is a...
  9. K

Picked up a brm dirt cheap

I picked up a 2006 beetle brm 5 speed for cheap. I have a bew tdi at the moment. The 06 has 120,000 miles, strong clutch and no cam noise. Time for a timing belt, and has a damaged dog bone mount. Is there anything special I need to check on a brm? Engine is actually a bit quieter than my bew...
  10. K

pd lift pump question

I had replaced my pd lift pump about a year ago, it was the factory one and was dead. I ended putting a uro parts lift pump in it and it is at the point now where it doesn’t put out consistent pressure/volume. I know uro makes some cheap stuff, but I have always had good luck from there hard...
  11. K

05 bew p2196 code

My bew has thrown the p2196 code every once in a while for a year or so. Maybe every other month. Now it throws the code at every start. I had read somewhere the oxygen sensor only operates the egr system. Is that correct? Do I need to replace the o2 sensor since my egr is deleted. Or does it...
  12. K

05 bew p2196 code

My bew has thrown the p2196 code every once in a while for a year or so. Maybe every other month. Now it throws the code at every start. I had read somewhere the oxygen sensor on operates the egr system. Is that correct? Do I need to replace the o2 sensor since my egr is deleted. Or does it...
  13. K

Tdi bew question

Update: the car has good power with half throttle, it is the second half that makes a lot of racket but doesn’t speed it up. If I run car at 4K rpm for 2 or 3 miles the car picks power back up for a short time. Does that sound like a sticking turbo? This past week I did a oil change on my...
  14. K

Steering wheel shaking

2005 beetle, has 225,000 miles. Steering wheel is shaking at lower speeds, say under 40. Feels as if it is coming from the driver side. I checked the wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, brake calipers (which are new), wheel is straight, tire is round, no lumps or abnormal wear. The lower...
  15. K

Ignition switch issue

2005 beetle tdi, dsg. I work at a church, on Wednesday after service I was coming home and had a wire burning smell. Everything kept working, so I figured there was someone burning something near by. Fast forward to this morning, I crank car but wipers don’t work, nor do turn signals or horn...
  16. K

New beetle battery question

2005 beetle tdi, no battery box or insulation. Just the lower tray. What is the biggest battery I can fit in the car. Do I need to stick with a group 48 or has anyone had a 94r fit in a new beetle. Car has a super small battery in it now, think a group 36??? Used car lot pi it in around 2 years...
  17. K

Tdi pd tune question

Looking to get my new tuned. Locally I have a unitronic dealer and apr. used to have a traveling Malone dealer but he quit tuning all together. I am in charlotte no are. I would like to find someone locally if the tunes are as good. My question is would unitronic or ape be ok? Or should I get...
  18. K

2005 tdi beetle lower power

Sorry for the long post,but here is the issue. I have a 2005 beetle with a bew, my father has an identical 2004 beetle bew and there is a definite power difference. His car is way stronger, I has checked torsion value on both, and they are -.5, neither car shows reflashes in vagcom, all boost...
  19. K

Tdi broke my dog collar

2005 beetle tdi pd with a dsg. I was having a loud noise in engine. Car was down on power, did a cam inspection and had a lobe that had mushroomed and lifter was scored. During this I found my egr was very dirty. Cleaned egr valve and intake looked acceptable. Turbo has been checked on vag com...
  20. K

2005 beetle tdi weird issue

I am working on my 2005 beetle tdi pd dsg. Car has 212,500 miles. At 200,000 received a new transmission, has had timing belts swapped on time evertime. I do vw timing belts, axles and general maintenance as a side job. The car has been getting louder and low on power. I have the car doing a...