Search results

1. D

Halogen to HID. DeAutoKey, Morimoto, & Ed's Replica Golf R lights

I know there are some posts about headlights out there and I wanted to make an easy to search thread about my experience in case anyone else wants to upgrade their lights. I did the buyback for my 2010 JSW and got a 2015 GSW S. I'm happy with it, except the lights. I didn't want to pay for the...
  2. D

Thoughts on going from 2010 JSW to 2015 GSW + Kerma Tune

I turned in my 2010 JSW last Friday and picked up $16K. Last month I bought a 2015 GSW with 14K miles for $18.3K so it was a cheap upgrade for an almost new car. For others who are in the same boat, here are my thoughts on switching: Pros: 1. The GSW is refined in many ways. I keep looking at...
  3. D

Don't strip out your car at all

I just turned in my 2010 sportwagen on Friday. After reading the forums, I thought I could turn in any condition and it would be ok. I got a 2015 sportwagen to replace it. I decided to take the spare out of the 2015 and trade out one of the 2010 17" Portos so I can keep a full size spare in my...
  4. D

anyone else getting rip off offers from dealers

So far I got a letter from Mini of SF and VW of Oakland saying they would like to buy my sportwagen with a generous offer. It turns out VW of Oakland wants to pay me 120% of bluebook, which would be about 11K -12K. They will turn around and do the diesel settlement for $16K, making about 4-5K...
  5. D

silver lining to emission scandal

If there are fewer diesel car sales as a result of the scandal, this could affect diesel imports in Europe: http://www.energylivenews.com/2015/10/05/vw-diesel-emissions-scandal-an-opportunity-for-gasoline/ The US exports d2 to Europe and with lower demand there and worldwide, this may cause a...
  6. D

EPA "fix" and REVO/Malone tune

Hoping someone who knows more than me will chime in on this. People are anticipating a wide range of a response from VW from an ECU fix (test mode on permanently) to Urea retrofit to a complete buy back. It's too early to tell and try to guess what will happen. If they issue another emission...
  7. D

Broken Sway Bar - Need a new one

I have the neuspeed rear sway bar: http://www.neuspeed.com/122/0/0/1648/2502253-neuspeed-rear-anti-sway-bar-25mm.html and I have it on the stiffest setting. After 4 years of use it snapped. I turned into a parking lot and heard a thump. Now I hear rattles when going over bumps. I'm not an...
  8. D

new appreciation for my JSW

I rented a Nissan Altima when I flew out to a wedding this weekend. It had a nice interior and seemed pretty good...until I started driving. After 5 years I guess I am now spoiled by a TDI. The new 2.5L Altima gets good reviews online and I'm surprised I was disappointed by it. It has 182 hp and...
  9. D

VCDS audio settings - better & flatter

I know there are other threads out there talking about changing the default settings on the stereo but I wanted to start a fresh thread to make it easier to search and link to. The audio settings weren't very good from factory but with a simple VCDS tweak you can get much better sound. It won't...
  10. D

Biodiesel really is a good lubricant!

70K miles on my 2010 sportwagen and I started to get squeeks and also a knock/pop when turning. I took it to a shop to check out the bearings and swap them but they couldn't figure it out. I did homework on the forums and narrowed it down to tug and release for the knock...
  11. D

Nokia Maps powered by JSW TDI!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/22/nokia-here-collection-vehicle-v2-0/ I use all 3: Lumia 920, Surface Pro, JSW TDI. Pretty cool that they chose the JSW TDI for their mapping
  12. D

Jetta Hybrid + REVO?

I may consider the jetta hybrid as my next car if my HPFP ever blows. The reviews say it's decent, but not as fun as the TDI. What if you put REVO in it? It should probably get over 200 HP and 200 lb torque. Anyone know if there is a tune for the hybrid? I think it's too early to tell
  13. D

just for fun - TDI hybrid could be fast

In my CR TDI DSG, most of the lag is from 0-10mph. Once it picks up some speed, it really pulls. In my friend's hybrid, the 0-10mph is not bad, but drops quickly in power after. What if we had an electric motor to assist from a stop. I figure this would be a really strong car. Just throwing...
  14. D

Airbox silencer delete

Inside the airbox, under the filter is a grate which acts as a sliencer. It's not necessary as the filter should catch everything. I took mine out and the turbo is a bit louder and I hear it spool and work a little better. I understand the function for a quieter ride, but I like hearing it...
  15. D

halogens -> LED DRL HID headlights

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24942 What do you guys think about this? I emailed the guy to order one when he gets new ones. $700 for a plug and play HID + LED lights to upgrade the halogens (will not work with existing bixenon harness, only halogen). No autoleveling or...
  16. D

Post here if you have NOT had an HPFP failure AND 100K+ MILES

The other thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=323323 is good to counter HPFP fear, but after reading through, it doesn't increase my confidence when a car had 20K miles and is still problem free. I mean it should be a given to last that long. Seeing hundreds of people with the...
  17. D

poll: air freshners

I got my jsw last Sept and it held the new car smell till recently (i would get comments that it still smells new). Now everything is broken in, I'm looking for an air freshner. I used vanilla scented sticks, old spice "fiji" spray and others in the past. I heard new car smell in a bottle...
  18. D

Diesel Hybrid

Ok, it's not a TDI, but the engine is a Mercedes diesel. http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/12/nrel-evaluates-ups-diesel-hybrds/ Saw a UPS truck the other day that said "hybrid" and saw the diesel cap. funny they advertise "low emissions" on it too. Must be a "Clean diesel" with a DPF...
  19. D

2010 JSW Chipped and back to stock

Got REVO about 6 months ago and have been enjoying it. At first I didn't notice a huge difference, but still loved it. I got a special promotion with a free SPS switch. Decided to try it out the other day and went back to the stock program. All I can say is that my car felt like it was...