Search results

1. M

more manual swap issues

Can you explain that to me? Sorry I went under the car a couple of times and couldn't see any problems, but i also don't know what to look for.
  2. M

more manual swap issues

Any idea how hard parts are to get to do this? Being a euro transmission really throws a wrench in this for me. Considered buying a new (used) transmission and just swapping it out. Think it was about 600-700 shipped from a guy in California.
  3. M

more manual swap issues

3rd gear syncho seems to be gone based on the fact it grinds no matter how i try to shift into third.
  4. M

more manual swap issues

Well after about 6 months of no issues. I've come across a problem. 1st what happened was 3rd gear started to grind no matter how i would shift it into gear. So i just stopped using it. Then a few days later the transmission would lock up and not allow me to shift normally. Usually locking...
  5. M

Passat fun

rare bird there. Side skirts should go ;) other than that, I love this era of VW's madness. Thank you Piech
  6. M

P0741 Code 05 Passat, Looking for advice.

Southbend setup from Whitbread just went in for me. Should have it going tomorrow and will report back. 17k miles on clutchmasters - about no material left on it... Mine was the kevlar one too. SBC uses Sachs pressure plate and i believe the clutch was made in japan. Those two things make...
  7. M

Clutch replacement Questions

Trans is back in, just need to finishing bolting the small bits back together and put new axle in. Oil leak was not coming from rear main. More near the tandem pump area. Not doing it right now, i'll monitor it for a bit before sinking some more cash into the car. I'll say doing the...
  8. M

Member Opportunity

Cost? Wagon or sedan?
  9. M

P0741 Code 05 Passat, Looking for advice.

Here is the SMF flywheel which can use your BHW starter https://whitbreadperformance.com/collections/tdi/products/240mm-30lb-billet-steel-smf-for-b5-5-manual-swaps Don't get a clutchmasters clutch whatever you do... My car has the EEN transmission code, slightly different ratio than the FHN...
  10. M

Passat b5.5 automat manual

"hello to all colleagues from the forum I have a small problem with my padat b5.5 I bought it already converted to manual from the machine after connecting the VCDS there are errors from the machine on the foot counter it shows me as if it was about the clutch additionally I have a broken cable...
  11. M

Those were replaced in Feb. as well (again not by me, so can't confirm) TDIZTIPS did it for the previous owner. But if I see leaks I'll address all those. I'll take photo's if I see any issues tonight. I may pick up a trans jack, might be nice to have, don't feel like keeping a cherry...
  12. M

Supposedly that gasket was replaced in February, but i'll inspect it once the trans is out to see if that's the problem as well. Going to address as much as I can with the trans out of the way. Will replace the whole pump if I see a leak there. I'll do the same with the trans mounts. I...
  13. M

M/T Fluid with EEN Trans

Cascade mentions that you should use G052911A2 - so a g05 - IIRC from a oil page that this is about 80-85w straight.
  14. M

Tearing into my Passat to replace the clutch as it slowly faded to holding gears. Still a leaky oil SOB, most of which from what I can tell is coming under timing cover. Well after getting under it I found torn inner CV boot and in general in poor repair axle in general on drivers side. -...
  15. M

M/T Fluid with EEN Trans

I had a pretty stiff 1st and 2nd and reverse. I ordered some G070. Supposedly have some g050 i believe in my EEN right now. It's fine. But hoping to get a bit smoother with this fluid. I'll report back once i get my clutch changed
  16. M

B5 Axles

I'd go for GKN if you can. I think that's the only quality one from what I could find. Backordered at many places I just ordered mine for FCP eruo
  17. M

Lots of little things to iron out

thanks! Ordered it and a new bolt.
  18. M

Thanks Oilhammer, that's missing a nut and maybe the whole stud then. Any idea of a PN or photo of exploded view so I can get that replaced?
  19. M

once i get it mechanically sorted i'll be sure to let you know. By all means the car works great. I just don't like having fiddly little bits, even though this is to be my "beater" as i drive 200 miles a day. I already emailed whitbread, he's only 45 minutes from my house so that's a bonus...