Search results

1. daedalus

Standyne Fuel Filters, brake rewind tool, power brake bleeder

Tried this on the northeast local forum but apparently no interest or nobody reads that forum: I'm finally in the throes of a long overdue garage cleaning. It looks as if the meeses have been holding their annual convention under the workbench - ugh! Anyway - my '05 TDI is long gone so I...
  2. daedalus

Cleaning the garage and found............

HiYa, Mike Long time! Too bad you are so far away. Just a tad long of a drive for an oil change.
  3. daedalus

Oh yeah - third or fourth change in ownership since then. They just can't seem to find the right formula. Too bad, it's a beautiful building. The problem could be it's too far for the touristas from Clinton and Flemington to know about. Jack
  4. daedalus

I'm finally in the throes of a long overdue garage cleaning. It looks as if the meeses have been holding their annual convention under the workbench - ugh! Anyway - my '05 TDI is long gone so I have no use for a few things I found. I have seven brand new in the box Standyne fuel filter...
  5. daedalus

05 Passat TDI - No boost. Got Codes

Check the S-shaped hose coming from the turbo for hairline cracks or wearthrough near the ground cable clamp.
  6. daedalus

How To: B5.5 FM100 5-micron Fuel Filter Upgrade

I bought the heater head for the Stanadyne filter. No need for the Tee anymore, so far as I know. Anybody local need six or seven Stanadyne 5-micron filter elements? My TDI is gone (sob!)
  7. daedalus

FS: RCD-510 Premium 8 Radio

The radio arrived last night and I am amazed at how good it is, how well packed it was and even had the original manual and radio card. Dixie is a class act - thank very much! I have to get some antenna extension cables and antenna adapters and then get to installing it. Jack
  8. daedalus

wanted b5.5 US door strips

Are you referring to the amber colored side marker lights? EDIT: Check this link: http://oemplus.com/ You may need new (US) bumper strips as well as the lenses.
  9. daedalus

WTB - CanBus Gateway

No apolgy necessary. I should have been more specific!
  10. daedalus

WTB - CanBus Gateway

It is a plugin module. I have yet to figure out if it is behind teh HVAC controls or in the foot pedal area. Anyway - Sebastian at Ross-Tech said I don't need to upgrade to a newer version to swap my radio to the RCD-510. I guess I am good to go!
  11. daedalus

wanted b5.5 US door strips

I could be wrong but I don't think we have lighted door strips. At least my B5.5 wagon didn't. Or - maybe I misunderstand
  12. daedalus

TDI is Gone - Some Stuff Available (NJ)

Some euro cars used for cabs and police cars have a switch in the blank position on the dash to turn on the interior lights. Obviously, it could be used for anything else, but that was the original design.
  13. daedalus

WTB - CanBus Gateway

Put on hold for awhile - I may not need it! Does anyone have available a CanBus gateway, part number 3C0907530? It must be revision "L" or higher? Thanks, Jack
  14. daedalus

FS: RCD-510 Premium 8 Radio

I'll take it! PM sent
  15. daedalus

So long, for now, and thanks!

And I miss my 1983 C23 Sundowner even more :(
  16. daedalus

So long, for now, and thanks!

The beloved B5.5 TDI wagon no longer occupies my garage. It was a fun ride, both literally and figuratively, for the past six years. I have moved into 2008 gasser Passat wagon so at least I can remain a distant cousin (but one you probably don't admit to in public)! Perhaps in a couple of...
  17. daedalus

I will put them aside for you if you like. Willow Grove is right at an hour from Pittstown, NJ, Philly about an hour and a half.
  18. daedalus

Everything is either gone or spoken for! It was tough to let my TDI go but it had to be done. I hope to rejoin the brotherhood in a couple of years. Jack
  19. daedalus

NJ & Eastern PA - TDI is gone - Some stuff available

Everything is either gone or spoken for! It was tough to let my TDI go but it had to be done. I hope to rejoin the brotherhood in a couple of years. Jack