Search results

1. F

Check engine light P2015

Isn't there an updated manifold part? So a replacement would last longer.
  2. F

Q7 repair frustration

I don't see any mention of the 18 month / 18,000 mile lemon warranty in that document. It's also not in the main extended emissions warranty booklet. However I did find it on page 42 of the settlement! PDF here There's a set of criteria and procedures. Sounds like OP might well have that on...
  3. F

Q7 repair frustration

I just looked through the paperwork for my 2011 and saw no mention of that at all. Is it only for the Q7? It sounds like a nice provision to have.
  4. F

Q7 repair frustration

No lemon law on used cars in California. There are only six states where used cars can be subject to the lemon law. If you mention that you will look like an idiot.
  5. F

DPF failure data collection

Any chance the additive is causing a problem?
  6. F

What Problems Are You Having with Your Buyback Cars?

Multiple DPFs make it seem as if there is an underlying problem that is contaminating them such as excess fuel or oil leakage.
  7. F

DPF FILTER out of stock...anyidea on an ETA?

Any chance you have a different local dealer with a better service department?
  8. F

EGR code three times since 06/2019 and now they say it's my harness....

Isn't there an updated manifold part at this point? I thought I saw a note about that here.
  9. F

If I can't have a VW TDI - I'm going full electric

Isn't it almost the same footprint as the F150? Cybertruck is 231 inches long, 82 inches wide. F150 is 205-250 inches long depending on version, 80-86 inches wide. Someone did the comparison at https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/11/how-does-teslas-cybertruck-actually-compare-to-a-ford-f-150.html...
  10. F

Dealer service requirements for CPO TDI resale

It also does not reset the time limit on having NVH concerns fixed under warranty.
  11. F

3.0 TDI EXT Warranty- REAR main seal covered?

If it's not covered, I have had good luck on a couple of Audis with changing out the fluid for Redline PSF. It seems to do a great job of cleaning out the system and conditioning the seals.
  12. F

Performance and fuel Mileage comparison

If it's a 2010 it was probably bought back and has already had the modification. You might get better data over on Club Touareg.
  13. F

Used TDI carfax shows it sat 2 years

The warranty will push out any catastrophic repair bills in to the future. I would look for a manual to avoid any DSG issues and do my best to get the emissions system in top shape before the warranty ends.
  14. F

Has anyone bought back their buyback?

I know mine is out and about because I got sent to collections for a parking ticket on it. No idea how they got my address and it was at least easy to clean up. It still has not gone out for sale, even though the modification has been completed.
  15. F

Turbo lag and trans downshifting

If that didn't do it you probably need VCDS or the dealer to look at it. Sorry.
  16. F

Nope. It's a super easy first step when the adaptive throttle or shifting is acting up. Press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. Turn on ignition but do not start the engine. Keep the accelerator pedal pressed for at least 15 seconds. Turn off the ignition. Drive your VW, carefully...
  17. F

Regen

That's what I find myself wondering with these sorts of problems. A dealer could have replaced all those parts and not the thermostat, and you would be getting a new set of hardware very soon. I'm glad you have a good dealer who found the cause not just the symptoms.
  18. F

Have you done a throttle adaption reset yet?