Search results

1. ghohouston

Headlight ballasts

Thank you all!
  2. ghohouston

injectors shooting out the cylinder head

This! And that green o ring definitely doesn't belong. would also make sure you don't have any additional copper washers down in the injector cup area, and make sure each injector only has 1 copper washer each ( it doesn't look like the pictured injector has a washer on it ). Also make sure the...
  3. ghohouston

Headlight ballasts

I have a set of Midwest Light Biz lights on my 01. Great lights, quite a few issues out if the ballasts as of lately (they have exceeded their rated lifespan). I'm wanting to buy a new set of ballasts, but the W99's my lights came with, have nothing identifying a brand on them. I would be glad...
  4. ghohouston

Lets talk impact guns

I've been pretty impressed with the Milwaukee electric impacts when I've used my co workers, but the electrics kill my joints. However, I'm still partial to my pneumatic stuff. Going on 10 years beating the hell out of an Ingersoll titanium 1/2" gun. And I do mean beating (heavy equipment...
  5. ghohouston

Why did this South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch fail?

No worries. I had to think about that a minute when I saw your comment. Was gonna say damn I sure regret not doing that haha
  6. ghohouston

Yeah I was pretty suprised just how stiff it was the first few thousand miles, but it feels like a dream now.
  7. ghohouston

Because the gear selector cable broke, literally not an option if you loose the gear selector cable.
  8. ghohouston

I liked my Sbc Stage 2 endurance alot. Until a shift cable broke when I was 3 hours from home, at 7 at night, and had to be up early for work the next morning. Trans was stuck in 5th, and like 95% of my drive was highway, with 70+ mph speed limits. I could have manually put the trans into...
  9. ghohouston

The boost leak that wasn't.

Yep. I had exhaust manifold leaks, using the single port graphite/ soft metal/ whatever they are type gaskets. Swapped back to a factory style gasket and haven't an issue since.
  10. ghohouston

The Ultimate Enthusiasts Guide to Fully become One with the TDI, as told by Burpod....

You understand boost is a restriction, and that it isn't everything? People don't spend the money on turbo diesel head porting because they don't necessarily "feel" the power, where they can slap on nozzle, a tune, turbo, whatever and make a notable difference. What they fail to realize is it...
  11. ghohouston

The Ultimate Enthusiasts Guide to Fully become One with the TDI, as told by Burpod....

Ported head and cam, with upgraded dual valve springs. It's a little money, but well worth it. Really really wakes up an alh in the upper rpm range.
  12. ghohouston

Questions about a BRM intake on ALH

I just bit the bullet and purchased the adapter on mine, where it uses the alh race pipe
  13. ghohouston

High mileage question or two

There were a few little plastic pieces from the chain tensioner in my oil pan when I replaced the oil pump, tensioner and chain at 453k. Cheap enough for peace of mind.
  14. ghohouston

Driver door lock issue

I replaced both front door lock modules when this thread was new, with new oem parts. The door open indicators never worked then. I'm certain I seem to remember them working during ownership of the car, but that's going on 7 or so years at this point and almost 300k miles. I do have vcds. Need...
  15. ghohouston

Driver door lock issue

Does anyone possibly have a ccm with p/n: 1J0 959 799 AJ they would sell me?
  16. ghohouston

Clunk while turning in reverse

I had a motor mount cause this
  17. ghohouston

Boost Creep with muffler delete and stage one tune? (BEW)

How is it literally all of the other turbo diesel engines can be straight piped and tuned, either together, or either one individually, and don't have "boost creep", but magically, a tdi does? Easy answer, it's in the tuning.
  18. ghohouston

Driver door lock issue

Bumping this back up. Trunk still shows open when open, none of the other 4 doors show open. Removed driver door harness from kick panel and pulled through. Removed the tape/ loom from it and found no broken wires. Anyone else ever had the issue of no open door signal on the cluster? The bulb is...
  19. ghohouston

02M MK4 Axles? Also clutch and such

I've had terrible luck out of Raxles boots. Can't get but maybe 40-50k miles out of them and they're torn again. I gave up on them. Next time the front end is apart I'll be going back with Vw boots and see if they last.