Search results

1. D

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 28k Build date: Corrective actions from dealership: Outside air temps at failure: 30F Failure warning signs, if any: none Warning lights on dash/MFI: turbo, SES, etc Problems since replacement: Repair time: 2 days Any dealer divulged info on other incidents involving...
  2. D

2011 Repeat Injector Failures

*** Update *** VWOA refuses to replace the HPFP, however.. they are replacing the entire engine. Dumb. Claiming low compression is the issue that the injectors are failing. I'm raising the BS flag.
  3. D

*** Update *** 4 Weeks in and still at the dealer. They have replaced ECM per the QTM from VWOA. Is idling rough and stalling now when cold. All of the injectors have been replaced now, again. Service rep states that VWOA refuses to allow them to replace the HPFP, which is the only thing so...
  4. D

** Update ** The #4 injector was the one that had failed, been replaced, and failed. Dealer states that #4 injector has now failed again. Dealer pulled tank, states HPFP is ok (allegedly), and is replacing HP fuel lines. VWOA is involved now as well.. but they don't seem to be much help.
  5. D

Backstory - Not my TDI, but my coworkers. 2011 Sportwagon, daily driver, about 80-90 miles per day. 65k Total. Approximately 4 months ago, CEL triggered. Dealer stated fuel injector failure. Fast forward to today and now all of the injectors have failed, about 1 per month, and 1 of the...
  6. D

Need Help Identifying Sound from Tank

Not the high pitched noise.. literally sounds like a little plastic wind up toy.
  7. D

Need Help Identifying Sound from Tank

Hey all - Looking for some help identifying what this is. The dealer claims the sound is an exhaust diverter.. but to me sounds like it's coming from the tank. Had a chance this morning to throw a jack under it real quick and climb under - sorry for the choppy camera. Crank up your...