Search results

1. E

Coolant loss/ low boost

overboost probably sticky vanes in the turbo coolant loss..maybe leaking egr?
  2. E

Rusted Rocker Panel Thoughts

wow thats a great repair. I got very similar rust repair to do on my drives side. Identical issues I picked up these for my repair https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/plate/1j0810222/
  3. E

I know its the wrong spot...but who has mk4 goodies they want to sell :)

I came to this thread since I just got a 2004 BEW jetta. This will be my 7th mk4 tdi.. I have a suburban for family duties but I also missed my tdi.
  4. E

Looking for a new mechanic - Toronto

This guy is taking this to the next level.. In your case it actually might be better to get a brand new KIA or Honda or whatever basic new car you can get for low monthly payments and solve your issues, I know you came here to ask for good mechs..buddy I had my suburban at my mechanics for...
  5. E

Brampton, Ontario to San Jose, California July 2018

you want to tighten control arm bolts on the ground and not on hoist so that the bushings sit in proper orientation, the creaking could be anything simple like a worn out sway bar bushing or loose sway bar endlink or drying out ball joint. I think you did well. The dpf is a big pain if it...
  6. E

Hello. Back in a TDI again ?

Vili! classic! I bought w124 rims from you like 10 years ago lol Now I am rolling in a Suburban V8 and XC90 V8 lol where is fuel eco?? Kind of wanna go back to tdi myself...:D
  7. E

I still drop in to see who is here.

im low key on here but i feel like tdi are washing away, had few mk4 as well as friends cars...now onto large v8 suv that kill fuel lol would like to get back into mk4 tdi wagon,,,alh...had both alh and bew but alh was my first experience...2001 alh jetta at 380km run better than at 231 when...
  8. E

LF: BEW camshaft and lifters

Hello I have a 2006 BEW wagon 416xxx km and bad lifter Looking for a camshaft and set of lifers Thanks
  9. E

Need tires now

I would give try Sailun tire and the other Chinese brands. I have not heard any horror stories. I assume you need 205 55 16? type in tire size on kiji..few shops have chinese brands at good $....under $400 bucks or so out the door, installed.
  10. E

Jeep Liberty TDI Conversion

Interesting read!!!! I have had few ALH cars by far my favorite! Now a BEW but not on the road. Currently driving 2006 Libby CRD 247K on her...2.8L VM motor. I am only getting 20 MPG tho... I am getting black smoke under heavy acceleration...EGR is factory and probably never cleaned... Shes...
  11. E

Cleaning out the Garage - 2006 BRM stuff

Did you ever sell your Tdi ? I am still in mk4 world.. Good luck w parts sale!
  12. E

Jetta Wagon

Whaaa..BKD ? I am sorry but I need some education on this
  13. E

Jetta Wagon

I have one too...2004 BeW stage 1 Malone, such a nice daily driver power wise Just popped in a new clutch..super smooth now..vs original set up with 346xxx km.... Anyway bought her w blown turbo.. Got a used kp39..so far so good.. I have 2006 as well and 2003..all wagons..all diesel.. Yours...
  14. E

WTB ALH Engine

lets see some pics when you get a chance.
  15. E

Clutch fried, car dead

i picked up a 2001 Jetta tdi over the winter and it was the same exact thing..Engine did not run...clutch was fried..all it took is new clutch kit and cluth fork and you are good to go. https://www.rockauto.com/ LUK 17050 Disc CAD$229.34
  16. E

AC Mechanic in Oakville/Mississauga

Top notch. Will not throw new parts unless they do diagnosis A & A Motors 905-272-5077, Mississauga, 2451 Dixie Rd
  17. E

my cheap 04 Jetta

Love these stories I picked up a $1500 wagon few weeks back . But there was a 2003 alh wagon in Sudbury for $900:D I hope a fellow member grabbed it!
  18. E

WTB: MK4 Silver Jetta (Not reflex silver) Driver Side Fender

I think you need "silver arrow" is the code LG9R...1999.5-2002 Mk4 I saw few of 2001 Jetta on kijij being parted out..have a look there.
  19. E

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI Diesel 5 Speed, Great Shape Toronto Canada

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI Diesel 5 Speed, Great Shape sold, delete please Selling up to date maintained 2003 Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel ALH motor mated to 5 speed manual transmission.
  20. E

LF: Used BEW turbo

Hello Looking to see if anyone has a decent BEW turbo KP39. Car is 2004 TDI. Thanks guys.