Search results

1. 0

Yet another B5 Battery Question

Hello All, I have picked up the Interstate battery that a few members have noted will work on the car. I have measured the battery, and it is longer (wider) than the original battery. The clip that holds the OEM battery in place does not appear to allow for the larger battery. How have...
  2. 0

Front Bumper running light

Hello, I noticed the other day that my front pass. side bumper light is not working when the lights are on. I am assuming it is a running light, how do I replace it? I tried to search for bumper lights, running lights, however they seem to yeild nothing. The driver side works. I also...
  3. 0

HELP Broken Glow Plug B5.5

Hello, I attempted to replace glow plug # 4 (or #1) the one closest to the firewall. The tip of the plug broke off. I am not sure where the tip is. What is the next step? Do I need to take it now to the dealer? Via tow truck? Is it safe to start or not? Please advise. Thanks...
  4. 0

More 2005 B5.5 A/C Questions

Hi all, The subject car is a 2005 Passat TDI Wagon. I was wondering what the temperature out the vents should be when having the A/C on. Both with and without the Recirc on. I am presently down in Florida for a couple of weeks, and the outside temperature has generally been around + 33 to...
  5. 0

Headlight Vibration Problems and More

Hello All, I have a 2005 Passat TDI Wagon which has done 87,000 KM. Which means that technically I am out of warranty. My previous car was a 2004 Passat 1.8T wagon. This car had the right headlight replaced during its first 40,000 KM. I traded it in for the TDI Wagon. The present car...
  6. 0

Multi Function KM till empty oddities

Hello all, Last week when I did my normal fillup, car read 280 KM prior to fillup. Every tankful prior to this, when I would put the key in and wait for hte glow plugs prior to starting the KM would be updated instantly, and then would usually rise slightly higher for the next 100 KM or so...
  7. 0

Brake Pedal Feeling after sitting

Hello All, Over the past little while, I noticed when the car was sitting for about a week, the brake pedal would be hard prior to starting. No problem I think (car rarely sits more than 18 hours at time anyways) Then it started overnight the last few days being hard at startup, now after...
  8. 0

Getting ready for Winter Tires

Hello All, I am getting ready to put the winter / snow tires on the car, Nokian Hak IIs. They are on steel rims which are painted silver. Last year when I went to change over to the Conti's, I have severe trouble removing the rims. They were fused. I tried with a hammer, kicking the rim...
  9. 0

Idiot Light Questions

I have a question re my 05 Passat TDI Wagon. Just comming back from a trip to Montreal PQ, and about 30 minutes away from home look down and I have two idiot lights on, the ABS and ESP / ASR Lights are on. Is there anything I should be doing before going to the dealer? The car is just shy...
  10. 0

Where to get Diesel Purge West End GTA?

Hello All, I was wondering where can one get Diesel Purge in the west end of the GTA (Etobicoke area) or in the Waterloo / Cambridge / Guelph area? I need to get a couple of cans to run through a very sick diesel. I know I used to be able to get it at a certain shop but not longer support...
  11. 0

Strange Idle Observation

Hello All, I have noticed a few strange observations at fast idle: When we had cold temps (Seems like such a long time ago) when waiting for someone to return from doing an errand, and knowing how the temperature gague would go down at idle I would give the car some fuel to bring the RPMS up...
  12. 0

Nokian Tires -- Comments

Hello All, I just purchased a set of 4 Nokian Hak2 tires on steel 16" rims. Is it common for these tires to be very loud? I know that winters are normally noiser, but these are loud! I just want to make sure there is not something more going on here... Thanks, Christopher 05 Passat...
  13. 0

Effects of over filling with oil

Just a quick question regarding oil levels. I know that the manual mentions in a couple of spots not to have the oil above the hash marks on the dip stick. Just how bad is it to have it above? The reason why I ask is I had a dealer do the 8,000 KM (5,000 mile) service and afterwords decided...
  14. 0

First Oil Change Advice

My Passat Wagon will be due for its first oil change at 8,000 KM. Currently it has 2600 KM, however I expect that the car will require the oil change when I am on a long road to Florida from Ontario. The trip is usually 2400 KM each way, and I anticipate putting another 1500 or so before...