Search results

1. I

ALH Intake Dyno Test

you may also consider mk4 r32 airbox if you do more tests.
  2. I

Help with a KKK BV43 please

i don't like borg warner turbos for tuning,they have the tendency to snap shafts at high boost.Consider at least re-balancing the turbo maybe it will hold up longer.
  3. I

The most powerful 2.5tdi V6

in the end i did upgraded the turbo with 1.5 mm bigger turbine and 56mm wheel from 2056vl .Should be good for 230 bhp , so above my goal .Spools close to stock .When i adjusted the turbo i realized that the car already haves a mild tune...requested boost is 1.2 bars vs ~1 bar stock.I think need...
  4. I

help with turbo choose for my 1z?

yeah,john is right that's the manifold i was talking to not 1.6d manifold!
  5. I

Help with turbo selection

your turbo is non vnt ,also exhaust housing is very wierd,so nothing will be easy to install:)
  6. I

That turbo is really big for your engine without some mods(like much bigger nozzles,fmic,etc) it will be laggy.... First of all to install that specific turbo you need also other turbo to manifold flange t25 is called? iirc or use an golf2 1.6d manifold...second you need to drill a hole in the...
  7. I

vnt with vacuum actuator is better then vnt with push type actuator and both are better then wg with push type actuator.131pd pd turbo from longitudinal engines bolts into your oem manifold,also a4 2.0 170ppd turbo.
  8. I

iirc that turbo has wg ,why not use a vnt turbo with push type actuator,it will spool much better then a wg one
  9. I

VNT 17 fitment issues...

ofcourse turbo was no good since u said that but i thought maybe it might work for a while.
  10. I

VNT 17 fitment issues...

sounds like that mostly because wheel's wings are bended a bit or vnt is stucked or actuator is stucked or u have a small hole somewhere in the pipes/ic :) looks like vnt/actuator is moving very poorly/stucked?...duty cycle over 80% will make the turbo to boost almost without restriction, yours...
  11. I

My first (homemade) remap, log comments please.

iq at idle 19.9?should be 3-6mg. Asumming the turbo is fine and there are no leaks yes the lower boost is strange,but first adjust everything else corectly and see after if the lowering boost is back,now you have too many variables :). Requested maf 850 on wot is normal.
  12. I

VNT 17 fitment issues...

yup,preferably check on both sides if you can..but it's easier to make a vcds log i can tell from that if the turbo is in good condition or not.
  13. I

Billet Compressor wheel 11 vs. 6+6 Gtb2260vk

hmm maybe the volume/h is not enough?Iirc in my ex leon, lift pump made a lot of difference in the upper rpm range,with same mods that u have and dbilas cam but less boost(1.9 bars).Lift pump made 1.5 bars.
  14. I

r5 2.5 5cyl injectors

cool.whats your hp goal?
  15. I

VNT 17 fitment issues...

After you started the engine was there any shaft play left?Make a log on 011 on vcds in 4gear wot from 1800 ro 4200 rpm.
  16. I

r5 2.5 5cyl injectors

it will be pretty hard to install the vk in your engine,your oe turbo doesn't have a standard oil outlet flange like most tdi turbos,outlet oil is on a plate which is glued to the engine block .It's easier to hybridize your turbo.
  17. I

My first (homemade) remap, log comments please.

turbo needs readjusting mechanically a bit,need to shorten the actuator ,aim for 75% duty cycle@ 4k rpm.
  18. I

Billet Compressor wheel 11 vs. 6+6 Gtb2260vk

no lift pump in your setup?
  19. I

ALH TDI Timing

i don't know if there is a way of adjusting the timing the way you want it with engine off.I guess everybody does the trial and error thing.
  20. I

ECU REMAP 2.0 TDI 110hp to 190hp

depends what u define as safe,for me safe would be under 100 hp over stock power ...practically you run it to max power less then 1% of the time ,daily you use 20-30% of the power.